U

Thursday, May 16th, 2024 3:12 AM

Closed

Problem with closed captioninh

My closed captioning keeps turning off even though I have just turned it ON in Settings. How can I get it to stay on?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

4 months ago

Hi @user_mp9xna It's incredibly frustrating to rely on closed captions and have them keep turning off, especially after you've just enabled them. I understand how annoying that must be. Let's see if we can get them to stay on. Does this happen after the cable box has been turned off for a period of time or at random?

4 Messages

It's very random.  I haven't been able to detect any pattern to it.

4 Messages

Sorry.  Gotta go to bed.  I'm getting over COVID and I am beat.  :)

Official Employee

• 

507 Messages

No worries, we hope your recovery is speedy and easy! When was the last time you performed a physical power reset or refreshed the cable box through the troubleshooting menu? Are you noticing the closed captioning issue on multiple channels/programs? Is it for OnDemand, DVR, or live programing? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Thank you!  It looks like the refreshing worked.  I should have thought of that, but my brain hasn't been working right.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_mp9xna I'm glad to hear refreshing the device worked! Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

4 months ago

@user_mp9xna As said before, keeping healing and wishing you a speedy recovery!  [I just got a COVID booster last night!]

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here