U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, February 20th, 2022 4:31 AM

Closed

Peacock Closed Captioning No Longer Working

Closed captioning has stopped working on Peacock.  I use close captioning all the time.  When I press the button to show the pause, reverse, etc. options when using the Peacock app and select English, nothing happens!  It is impossible to contact Peacock on their app website as no one is ever available on chat and contacting them via phone puts me in a literal holding pattern.  Is there anyone from Xfinity who can notify the company that their closed captioning feature has stopped functioning?  Thank you on behalf of those who rely on closed captioning to enjoy watching programs.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, there @user_9e646a thank you so much for reaching out for help on our community forum for help with your captions not working when using the Peacock app! I use Captions all the time when watching TV it helps me make sure I am not missing anything! Here are a few tips you can check out to see if they help!

Please allow 30 seconds for the subtitles to turn on or off. If you are still experiencing these issues, please ensure that Closed Captioning is enabled on the X1 box. Also, we ask that you please ensure that Closed Captioning has been turned on on your actual TV.

For additional information on Closed Captioning on X1 please see this article.

For additional information on Peacock please see this article. 

If you are not using Comcast equipment, you can review how to turn Closed Captioning on the Peacock app here: https://comca.st/3H3gz6K

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here