U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 19th, 2023 2:25 AM

Closed

I am disabled and every 4 hours your cable box forces me to push a button on the remote to tell it that I am still in front of the TV.

Please modify your cable box software so that this (screen saver, sleep mode, or whatever it is) can be turned this off.  Stop having a disabled person answer to your cable box. every four hours.  Do you charge me less when the cable box goes to sleep?  The answer is "no" so stop it.  I have tried the setting and wasted 5 hours with your customer service.  There is no "turn off" setting available in the software.  There is just a max setting of 4 hours between being asked again if I am still there.  Having a disabled person have to find the remote every 4 hours is cruel and very likely a violation of local, state, and federal disability laws.   Will you fix this?

Contributor

• 

250 Messages

1 year ago

Hi @user_d3f548 Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through Xfinity forums and for providing us with this valuable feedback. We will make sure it is forward through the proper channels.

1 year ago

Brooo😆you gotta be joking. Sure maybe it’s annoying for that to pop up every 4 hours but its most definitely not a violation of any federal, state, or local laws nor is it cruel. Did Xfinity loose your remote? No. YOU lost your remote. No one is forcing you to do anything. Plus it could save on your electricity bill and data usage by shutting off of when your not home or go to bed. I’m not being ugly/rude I’m just saying like a lot of company’s have this feature and some are even more frequent then others. My Alexa will stop playing music after an hour if I haven’t said anything to her. I know Netflix, Hulu, and direct tv all have the same feature. 

But I do have a few suggestions to help you with your problem. 😊

1) Velcro. Put some on the back of your remote and attach it the wall, coffee table, somewhere you can easily reach that way you don’t loose the remote anymore.

2)Remote leash. Tie a piece of twine or something similar( my mom used a chain of zip ties to our dressers and coffee table  when I was little) around the remote and tie the other end to a lamp or coffee table or you could put a hair tie/ scrunchy on the other end that you can easily remove from you wrist, ankle, the cup your drinking from or where ever is easiest for you. that way you can just pull the remote right to you even if it falls on the floor! 

3)buy a smartbot, fingerbot, or some sort of Bluetooth putting pusher and set the timer up to push “Ok” or another random button every three and a half hours or so to show the tv you are still watching. (If you have 2 remotes this would work even better cause you could have one with Velcro so you can change channels/ volume as need and the other set up to press okay) 

4) buy an item locator of some sort that you stick on your remote where you can have Alexa, google, or Siri  “ring” it so you can follow the sound and find it easier. 

5) check Amazon or  Temu (temu is cheaper but takes longer to arrive) Type in “never loose remote again” or “item locator” and a plethora of products will pop up.

I hope this helps!! and you have a wonderful day!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here