U

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

Sunday, October 15th, 2023 3:07 PM

Closed

closed captions turn off in the middle of a program. They are still set to on but do not show

We have been watching a particular show on Acorn, which we subscribe to.   We are both hard of hearing so we turn captions on before watching.   Sometimes during the middle of the show, the captions just disappear even though when I check the settings, captions are still on.   it is very frustrating to lost captions for the last part of the show.   I have seen closed complaints about this and there never seems to have been a solution

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Hello. Does this problem only occur with one particular program on Acorn or does it happen with other programs? If it only happens with one particular program are you comfortable sharing the name of the program where you're noticing this behavior?

Does this happen after pausing and then resuming the program?

When the problem does occur would you try turning closed captions off and then back on again and see if they return?

Please note that while I am a Comcast employee I am not an official Xfinity Forums representative.

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

Thank you for at least responding. 

It is Doc Martin and I have tried turning captions off and on again and that did not help.   I am not positive but I don't think it happens right after pausing and resuming.   I thought it was because I had failed to select Acorn as the way to watch.   But when we got to series 9 where Acorn was the only option, it showed closed captions on when I started an episode but there were no captions at all on any episode. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Do the captions appear if you use the Xfinity stream app by chance?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

It is Acorn.   I don't often use the stream app.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

If you log out of Acorn and then log back in does the close captions re-appear? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

There is no logging in and out.   But if I leave acorn and go back there are still no captions on that series.   I can see them on Hoopla so that seems to be our solution.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here