U

Monday, December 25th, 2023 11:45 PM

Closed

Closed captions keep turning off

I’ve searched all over for a fix and I’ve read previous posts on this, but I’m not seeing a solution posted. The closed captions keep turning off when I watch DVR recordings and in the Max app. I have ccs turned on both for my cable box and for Max.

The xfinity chat bot offers no help and stonewalls. There is no getting through to a human no matter what. That is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable. Since when is refusal of adequate customer service a sufficient business model?

Official Employee

• 

911 Messages

10 months ago

@user_y41pkx, thank you for using the Community Forum to reach out. I would be more than happy to assist you with your Closed Caption related concerns. You have reached a human here who can definitely take a look into your concerns. Are you unable to turn on the CC option?

5 Messages

As I said in my post, it is turned on both for the cable box and for the Max xfinity app 

Official Employee

• 

911 Messages

10 months ago

@user_y41pkx, yes I understand that you mentioned this in your post. However, what I wanted to clear up is whether the issue is that the captions are not working whatsoever or if they just are not staying turned on according to the setting you have. Please confirm.

5 Messages

They work after I turn them on again in the Max app. When I’m watching xfinity cable, they are always on.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_y41pkx Thank you so much for clarifying for us, how are you watching? Are you using one of our X1 or Flex boxes or using the Xfinity Stream app? If using the Xfinity stream app what type of TV are you currently using and are you using a device like a Roku or Firestick?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

I usually launch Max from within Xfinity cable when I find a movie offered there in on demand. This is on my Vizio tv

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@user_y41pkx  Thank you so much. So is the issue for you isolated to the Max app?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here