U

Sunday, January 28th, 2024 11:15 PM

Closed

Closed captioning

Every time I turn on my TV closed captioning automatically starts up.  My TV is set to off closed captioning.  The only way to get rid of it is to go to the closed caption setting - turn it on, then turn it off.  Every TV in the house is affected.  How do I get our TVs free of this Xfinity bug?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

7 months ago

Thanks for posting on our community forums, @user_mljuqp. I'm sorry to hear about the close captioning concern. This is not the experience we would like you to have. Have you tried rebooting your TV box manually or through the Xfinity App? If you haven't please try that and then turn the close captions off and on again. Let me know if that helps. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

7 months ago

Closed Caption delaying and not keeping up with what’s being said. Mostly on MeTV, but on many other channels. I’ve done everything that’s been suggested, restarted system many times. Made sure correct CC are turned on everywhere across cable and streams apps. Makes me so mad that I’m paying for cable, and continuously goes up, but hey the least of my issues should be CC. How do I connect to a human being to check my lines to my house or how much power I’m getting from your lines or if my box needs upgrading. I use CC for just about every program and channel. Please, how does this get fixed? Again, CC is on, but it’s delayed, what is begin printed across the screen is from the last one or two scenes of what I’m watching. So frustrating

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here