mattmiller42's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Closed captioning turns itself off constantly

Has anyone else had this problem? Has started happening recently, within the last few weeks. Has gotten to the point where I have to turn on closed captioning several times while watching a single episode of a show on the DVR. It's very annoying for the hearing impaired.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@mattmiller42 wrote:

Has anyone else had this problem? Has started happening recently, within the last few weeks. Has gotten to the point where I have to turn on closed captioning several times while watching a single episode of a show on the DVR. It's very annoying for the hearing impaired.

no (have 4 set top boxes have never had that issue). when you are watching and it 'goes off', when you press the down button is the green button unchecked or checked when it is not working?  Is the box checked but the captions are not working? 

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

I am having the same problem. It turns off all by itself. While I'm watching a show and I have it paused and I come back to it, it will have turned off while it was paused. I will have to actually turn it back on. When I have it on at night and I turn the box off, when I wake up in the morning when I turn the box on, the closed captioning will be turned off and I have to turn it back on. When I'm done watching one show and delete it and go on to watching another show, sometimes it shuts itself off between shows and I have to turn it back on. I know it is easy to turn on or off but if I have it on, it should stay on and not shut itself off. This just started in the last few days.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Yea. Having same problem. Have had it on and off for about a year. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This just started happening today. Every time we turn on the tv, we have to manually turn on CC.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

This started happening to me today. It’s incredibly irritating. Anyone found a fix?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have had flex for a week and closed captioning has to be turned on for every episode even when binging. Anyone else have this issue or a fix?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@BobertH wrote:

I have had flex for a week and closed captioning has to be turned on for every episode even when binging. Anyone else have this issue or a fix?

which app on the flex are you using? is there a menu you can access on the flex to set up Captions?

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Mine is starting to turn off as well. It used to always stay on . Now every time I turn it on after being off I have to turn the caption on as well. It's bothersome to me. I wish they would fix it. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@hchambliss wrote:

Mine is starting to turn off as well. It used to always stay on . Now every time I turn it on after being off I have to turn the caption on as well. It's bothersome to me. I wish they would fix it. 

on what device are you using the closed captioning?

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

This is also happening to me on my TV. Closed Captioning is set to ON under device preferences but still turns off. I end up having to go to the bottom of the screen and selecting CC again to turn it on. Started a few weeks ago. Very annoying

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

It's also happening during live programing. I also noticed it goes off when I turn off the TV

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

My issue has been going on for weeks. Of course it's an Xfinity software issue but they'll deny it

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This has been happening to me too. Last year in the fall and now tonight. My concern is that someone from my past is using my account and turning them off. Do any of you have any way that someone from your past would have your login info or is it an xfinity issue?

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

This started happening for me today. Every time I shut the TV off then on again, the captioning is gone. I have to go into device settings where it shows CC as On. I have to toggle it off, leave settings, then go back to toggle it on again. Please fix this.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here