Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

DID YOU GET A XG1v4 BOX YET? I GOT MINE THRU A SELF INSTALL KIT. YOU WILL ALSO WANT AN  UPDATED GIG ROUTER, & A NEW 2.0 HDMI CABLE. SALAMANDER1.

Official Employee

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

I've been using my bluetooth headphones with the XG1v4 and I discovered something; when I turn off my TV, the headphone still get sound,  I thought if I used the remote's All Power button, the box would be turned off.  Just FYI.

The X1 box doesn't power down. Once the X1 box goes into power save it will stop streaming BT audio.

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

6 years ago

This happens randomly a couple times each week. Should I get this box exchanged?

12101F66-8E8C-4347-90BC-9C326C5E32E5.jpeg

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

posting in enable PM

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Can I request a XG1v4 self install kit to replace my current XG1-P unit?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@BAiosa wrote:
Can I request a XG1v4 self install kit to replace my current XG1-P unit?

see this link for instructions. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3076226/highlight/true#M151999

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

Need a solution for the lack of a SPDIF output of this XG1v4 box. As my Yamaha RX-V863 suports only 1080p I can not use the HDMI to pass 4K signal, it does detect DD but only passes 1080p. I don't feel the urge to spend $xxxx for a new AVR just because the XG1v4 lacks versatility to support slightly older AVR's.

I tried the most advanced 4K HDMI splitter and also a 4k HDMI SPDIF splitter avail. in the market , connected on the HDMI output of the XG1v4 and also to the AVR (either HDMI or otpical), in both cases the XG1v4 Auto Detected a Stereo device instead of a DD device. I asked Comcast to add an option in the firmware to broadcast a DD signal regardless of the  device connected on the output. I'm also using  a 4x2 4K Fast switch that has a SPDIF output but as the XG1v4 autoswitches to Stereo it doesn't get the DD out.

Let me know your thoughts/suggestions.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

6 years ago

The 4K DVR needs to be connected with 4K HDMI cable directly to the television. Connect the S.S. system with a HDMI cable directly to the TV's HDMI ARC port. Make sure the S.S. system has ARC set up and turned on.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Can I please request one of these boxes. I have a 4K TV with HDR but only have the 1080P DVR currently

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@jrccomputer wrote:
Can I please request one of these boxes. I have a 4K TV with HDR but only have the 1080P DVR currently

go to https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3058968/highlight/true#M149313 and follow the directions there.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

thanks, my AVR/ Suround Sound doesnt have an ARC function, are there any published Specs on this box ? I might just swap it to back to a std X1till more 4K programming comes up or till firmware us more versatile.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@jrccomputer wrote:

please follow the link in the post immediately before this post.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

please enable my PM feature...i would like 4k box too. thanks  @comcastella

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Posting to enable PM feature.  Thanks

New Poster

•