CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

6 years ago

The "randomly start showing content from the beginning of a recording" bug is getting more frequent for me.

I saw it happen once or twice months ago, and almost didn't believe what had happened until I recorded it.

Now if I 30 skip past a lot of the huddles in a football game, by time I've watched the whole game the bug has happened 5 or 10 times...

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

6 years ago

@tctc wrote:

Is it a technical issue that when you go from one FF to the next, eg. FF2 to FF3, it has to pause first, it can't just go straight to the faster speed?

Is that an issue with my service, or does everyone's X1 work that way (kind of 1980s vcr-ish)?  Maybe others don't have this noticable pause?

I don't remember this with the prior comcast DVR platform.  Does Tivo do that?

Luckily I have never had the FF issue. It goes right away to FF-thru lightening speed without pausing.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

6 years ago

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

Is it a technical issue that when you go from one FF to the next, eg. FF2 to FF3, it has to pause first, it can't just go straight to the faster speed?

Is that an issue with my service, or does everyone's X1 work that way (kind of 1980s vcr-ish)?  Maybe others don't have this noticable pause?

Luckily I have never had the FF issue. It goes right away to FF-thru lightening speed without pausing.

I guess it's just part of my overall issues.   Each time I press FF there's a pause before it transitions to the next "FF speed level".

Of course I also get wildly different results with lightning speed, from slower than 4x FF to sometimes so fast that even if I press play right away I've already skipped past about a half an hour...

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

6 years ago

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

I guess it's just part of my overall issues.   Each time I press FF there's a pause before it transitions to the next "FF speed level".

Of course I also get wildly different results with lightning speed, from slower than 4x FF to sometimes so fast that even if I press play right away I've already skipped past about a half an hour...

I do find erratic behavoir with Lightening speed. You and I usually have the same issues.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

the transition is changing your sample rate for the speed (images you see while fast forwarding).

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

6 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

the transition is changing your sample rate for the speed (images you see while fast forwarding).

Right, but does everyone's DVR transition from 2x to 0x to 3x, or do most people go directly from 2x to 3x.  Mine goes briefly to 0x, which seems like an analog VCR changing gear ratios or something...

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@cvernaglia wrote:

I moved my tv to a new cable connection in another room. Set goes on but says No signal. Please check cables in my home....

did you wish to set up a service call? or can you handle hooking up the outlet for the different room? Comcast does charge if you don't pay the inside wiring monthly agreement.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I moved my tv to a new cable connection in another room. Set goes on but says No signal. Please check cables in my home....

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Get this pretty much  everyday  RDK-03033,  We went thru all the steps with online and worked for a while and then started again. We just turn off and stream until it works again, usally a couple hours.  Seems to be the same time that we lose internet access. Are the two combined.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

@cvernaglia wrote:

That would mean that there is not a live cable signal in that room.  You'd have to backtrack and "check the cables in your home" or have a tech out to make it live.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

@mitchwebb wrote:

Get this pretty much  everyday  RDK-03033,  We went thru all the steps with online and worked for a while and then started again. We just turn off and stream until it works again, usally a couple hours.  Seems to be the same time that we lose internet access. Are the two combined.

Take a look at the back of your gateway ( modem) is the moca light on?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have gotten the RDK-03033 error code every morning this week. Seems to be an issue at 3:30 A.M. when the box automatically reboots. After that I get the error. Have to shut down and power up at least 3 or 4 times before it finally works. This is getting SOOOOO frustrating. There is no way I can afford to have someone come out and check this out. Need help.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Monty10 wrote:

I have gotten the RDK-03033 error code every morning this week. Seems to be an issue at 3:30 A.M. when the box automatically reboots. After that I get the error. Have to shut down and power up at least 3 or 4 times before it finally works. This is getting SOOOOO frustrating. There is no way I can afford to have someone come out and check this out. Need help.

are you watching at the time on the DVR or a companion (non-DVR)? when the DVR finished rebooting did the 03003 error go away? were you watching live TV or recordings? The XG2 companion has its own tuners and will not be affected by the DVR going down other than for playing back a recording from that DVR.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have had a recurring problem on this.  Can't change the channel and get an error message saying problem with X1 platform.  Have made repeated calls and temporary fixes, but problem comes back.  Am frustrated and do not know who to contact.  Am thinking of contacting President of Comcast.  Any ideas.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

You’ve had a couple of outages, the last couple of days.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here