Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

post  to enable pm

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Is the XG1V4 available to Xfinity subscribers in San Francisco?

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

@ComcastAndrew I just went to the store in hopes to get a new X1GV4 box but they did not have any.  The slightly newer than my old box that they gave me was broken which is very frustrating.  Is there any chance you can you assist in getting me one of the new 4k boxes please?  I was going to just send you a private message but for some reason it won't let me send a private message to anyone.  Help would much be appreciated.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Mikecp88 wrote:

@ComcastAndrew I just went to the store in hopes to get a new X1GV4 box but they did not have any.  The slightly newer than my old box that they gave me was broken which is very frustrating.  Is there any chance you can you assist in getting me one of the new 4k boxes please?  I was going to just send you a private message but for some reason it won't let me send a private message to anyone.  Help would much be appreciated.

go to this thread http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3059783/highlight/true#M149431 and follow the directions in that post.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I just upgraded my service and was sent a MX011ANM. Is it possible for me to request an upgrade to a XG1v4?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Posting for private message access

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

How do I order a 4K cable box?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Chicko191 wrote:

How do I order a 4K cable box?

scroll up to the 3/4 post by @CCElla and follow the directions in the post.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

I keep on asking about this, but every Comcast employee does not know what  i am talking about. They tell me that there is no such device.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Mandown2007 wrote:

I keep on asking about this, but every Comcast employee does not know what  i am talking about. They tell me that there is no such device.

are you attempting to order the xg1v4? if so go to https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3058968/highlight/true#M149313 and follow the procedure in that post.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

6 years ago

I wouldn't pay to have anything shipped to me. It should be free. Keep in mind Comcast has no problem ripping off the their customers at any chance they get. They tried with me and it didn't work.

All the best

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks. Just did what you said. Hopefully they will help. So far I’m not so confident in Comcast employees.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here