ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Pharrell wrote:

Fox Sports 2 is now availble online and mobile.

even though I don't have it.

what tier is it supposed to be?

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused here. That was not the intention. 

Fox Sports 2 is available via our app and online if you have this channel available and subscribed to in your channel lineup. Customers who have Fox Sports 2 in their current level of service now have the opportunity to view this channel online and via mobile devices via our XFINITY Stream app. We will make that distinction clearer in the other announcement.

The below is still accurate.

ONLINE ACCESS

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service.

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!

For more information on why certain channels are not provided everywhere follow this link: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/channel-availability-faqs/ The support page also includes a link to our Customer Feedback Form where you can request channels that you would like to have added to our lineup. If for any reason the link does not work for you, I suggest copying and pasting it into the address bar of your preferred browser.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@andyross wrote:

The new sticky thread about "New TV Anywhere Networks" mentions FS2. The problem is, does Comcast carry FS2 anywhere?

Got it, thanks!

And yes, Comcast does offer Fox Sports 2 in a few areas. In areas where we do carry FS2 and a customer has FS2 in their level of service, they can now view FS2 content online and on a mobile device using our XFINITY Stream app. We will make that distinction clearer in the other announcement.  

Problem Solver

• 

1.2K Messages

7 years ago

You would need to be receiving Fox Sports 2 as part of your subscribed channel lineup to access content online, Spiderbaggins.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

How do the 85-90% of All Comcast/Xfinity subscribers that don't have Fox Sports 2 as part of their Channel tiers Stream/watch Fox Sports 2 online?

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

7 years ago

@Spiderbaggins wrote:

How do the 85-90% of All Comcast/Xfinity subscribers that don't have Fox Sports 2 as part of their Channel tiers Stream/watch Fox Sports 2 online?

In a word (or two), we don't. 

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

7 years ago

@jc19904 wrote:
Is there anyway we can get Fox Sports 2 added to our line up or at least added so we can watch it online? It has even ben removed from the fox sports go app for android.

No. That's the answer.  Unless you have FS2 on your cable service, you aren't going to get it on-line.  This has been going on for years, this thread now 36 pages long, and by now, it's clear that it will never happen in our lifetimes.  Most of us have moved on, either to other providers (which is Comcast's suggestion if you are unhappy about their service; rather callous advice, if you ask me), or found online streaming services to watch the particular programs you want to see that would otherwise be availabile on FS2 (such as Le Mans, and the rest of the WEC season, IMSA, etc.)  It is my prediction that, since Fox will no longer cover FISA, there will be little to see on FS2 anyway, and it probably won't last long.  Fox thought they could instantly compete with ESPN, and all their channels, without considering that ESPN took years to build up it's offerings so that it needed an ESPN2.  FS2 is basically now used to shovel off races that go on too long on FS1, or other various niche sports.  Their vewership numbers for that channel don't even warrent expansion to the rest of the Comcast customers, yet they think they can command a high price for including it in everyone's line-up.  That's the hang-up and the reason Comcast will not, for any reason, offer FS2 to all of it's customers, no matter how many request it (which in the grand scheme of things, is a very low number, despite the number of posts on this thread)  If you already have FS2, it's because the cable company you had before Comcast bought it out had a contract with FUEL TV.  If you had FUEL TV with Comcast, you may have noticed it mysteriously dissappeared about six months before the launch of FS2.  So there you have it, 36 pages of requests, complaints, "solutions", etc. in a nutshell.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Is there anyway we can get Fox Sports 2 added to our line up or at least added so we can watch it online? It has even ben removed from the fox sports go app for android.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

7 years ago

@l_turn9 wrote:

I'd be happy if they would stop splitting the coverage between FS1 & FS2.  My big sport is Sports Car Racing, specifically long distance Sports Car Racing like LeMans, the Nurburgring 6 Hr, Daytona 24 hr and the Sebring (Fla) 12 hour race.  Fox or Comcast or whoever thinks it's acceptable to air the 1st part of a race on FS1 and the rest on FS2.   It's so frustrating to watch 5 hours of a 6 hour race on FS1 and the last HOUR is on FS2 or wait for the last hour to be aired the following Sunday!  A whole week!    Arrrrrgggg!  I guess I should happy they are showing it at all, but nooooo, they dropped the last hour so a Nascar race can ne shown.  Seems it would be better to just delay the Nascar race by an hour, but I doubt they even considered this option.   Actually the best option would be to provide FS2 to us on the internet or to make FS2 available on Comcast the same as FS1.  I know this is a wasted letter, Comcast has been bombarded by complaints like this for years with no movement or even response from a Official Employee.  I give up, I'm going to DTV.

LIke I've posted before, throughout this thread, if you are into the WEC, then get their app, pay $40.00 something dollars for the season, and you can watch all of the WEC races, uninterrupted by commercials, from start to finish (if you can stay awake for 24 hours).  It's definitly worth the price (heck of a lot cheaper than going to the races; at least for me).  I use the air-play to watch on my TV, as if it's being broadcast by a network.  THe differences is, like I mentioned before, no commercials, and the commentators actully know what they're talking about, thanks to Radio Le Mans.  If you miss some of the race, they replay it in hour long peices, so you can go over what you missed if say, you fell asleep.  6 hours of the Nurburgring was a great race last weekend.

For IMSA, if you want to see it live, get a VPN based in the UK, then you can watch the IMSA live stream, with the same commentary (John Hindaugh, Toby Moody, Alan McNish, and the rest of the Radio LeMans gang.) and no commercials either.  I also have a streaming package with Virgin Australia Supercars.  A lot of other series you can watch on Youtube as well (Blanpain Endurance Series, Hankook 24H series, Bathurst 12 hours etc.)  It's the future of TV, and Comcast hates it (which is why they are now limiting data usage; so pay for unlimited.)

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

7 years ago

I'd be happy if they would stop splitting the coverage between FS1 & FS2.  My big sport is Sports Car Racing, specifically long distance Sports Car Racing like LeMans, the Nurburgring 6 Hr, Daytona 24 hr and the Sebring (Fla) 12 hour race.  Fox or Comcast or whoever thinks it's acceptable to air the 1st part of a race on FS1 and the rest on FS2.   It's so frustrating to watch 5 hours of a 6 hour race on FS1 and the last HOUR is on FS2 or wait for the last hour to be aired the following Sunday!  A whole week!    Arrrrrgggg!  I guess I should happy they are showing it at all, but nooooo, they dropped the last hour so a Nascar race can ne shown.  Seems it would be better to just delay the Nascar race by an hour, but I doubt they even considered this option.   Actually the best option would be to provide FS2 to us on the internet or to make FS2 available on Comcast the same as FS1.  I know this is a wasted letter, Comcast has been bombarded by complaints like this for years with no movement or even response from a Official Employee.  I give up, I'm going to DTV.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Big Nascar fan. For nearly four years now I've missed many practice and qualifying sessions but I can somewhat live with that...but now we have hit rock bottom.

The Eldora truck series heat races are on FS2 as I type this. Well, at least I'm told they are, I sure as heck can't see the channel. Very frustrating. I see a lot of people chiming in on Twitter and I love it!

Tweets of the year:

@JonSchantz: Will enjoy reading about it on twitter 🙄. amazing how Xfinity is a NASCAR partner yet they don't carry FS2? pathetic @comcast @comcastcares

@25jroller: Extremely disappointed w/ @NASCARONFOX and @NASCAR_Trucks bc I can't watch or steam Qualifying races bc i don't have FS2 bc I have @XFINITY

What a JOKE.

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

7 years ago

To Markdartj - Wow - we're a lot alike!.  I really appreciate the advice.  I am trying to find the best way to cut the cable now and keep the internet and get better more focused content.

Thanks again - I will definitently give it a try!

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Spain vs. Italy

September 2, 2017

1:45 PM Central

Fox Sports 2

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

7 years ago

Guys, please don't waste your breath - this is pointless.

From the day FS2 was introduced we are asking, begging, cursing, appealing, pleading, requesting... and Comcast spits in our faces with that “submit your formal request" bs.

THEY DON’T CARE – don’t you get it?

Their lineup is almost up to Ch.2000 now – some of them totally useless plus duplicates and triplicates, so if they would ever considered adding FS2, they would have done it a long time ago.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

It may be me, but watching FS2 legally shouldn't be this difficult. 

Just sayin'

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

7 years ago

There are several of us that would love to see FS2. I believe it will not happen in my lifetime. Other channels will get priority over it. All of us pay lots of money for this product, but Xfinity/Comcast refuses to budge on this one channel.
On another channel I would love to see would be RFD/TV and to get Country Music Classics again but no up charge!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here