U

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 12th, 2023 5:07 AM

Why is your website so slow?

The xfinity site has always been bad but is getting worst and worst. I cant even make a simple payment. The website is super slow. I click to make a payment and the window just stay blank.

I never have any issues with otehr sites but always, always have an issue with xfinity site. You really need to fix this. The service is terrible. Then you call to make a payment but you only get as computer talking saying to go to the website to make a payment. Is really the worst customer service I have expierence from a company.

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

5 months ago

Hello @user_mt0z70! Thanks for taking the time to reach out on our Forums about the difficulties you've experienced with our website, services, and trying to reach us for support. This is never the experience we strive for our customers to receive, and we definitely want to make things right. My team is here to help, and we would love to address all of your concerns. I promise my team is here to support you with your service needs. 

Just for troubleshooting purposes, are you also experiencing issues making payments through the Xfinity app which can be downloaded for free on your mobile device? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Ha! What Xfinity needs to do is fix the site. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. The 2FA is broke, you cant keep yourself logged in, let alone make it more than a few pages without getting asked to login again. your site is the only one out of the many many sites I visit with such a horrible user experience. I, like, many others I'm certain, let out a sigh of dread knowing we'll have to interact with one Xfinity's [Edited: "Inflammatory"] interfaces. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

Get your act together Xfinity! 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@Mikec82 We appreciate your feedback, this is never the experience we want for our valued customers. Can you tell me what browser you are using when you try to log into the website? Have you tried different browsers and experience the same issues?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

@XfinityAmira​ Your site has always been slow and still is! So, your last comment was two months ago. What has been done about the slowness of your site since then? You would think that an internet service company would be lightning fast! What gives? 

Current customer: [Edit: PII]

Also, why is my bill $54 more this month? it was $60 and now it is $114!!!! please send me an email with some better plans! Thank you, amira.

(edited)

6 Messages

@XfinityAmira​  Is Xfinity trying to promote using their "App??" Is that why your website Internet speed is so slow? I find using a computer for most of my needs is much faster as I have a full keyboard, can use two hands to type, and maneuverability between websites is much easier on a PC.  So what gives with the non-existent high-speed internet service on your own website? 

I am trying to change plans, but OMG what a big hassle! My Internet service is going from $60 to $114/mo. How? Why? I am a student with very little income and yes, I am enrolled in ACP and saving $30/mo, but that is soon to end, in April 2024.

Since your last comment two months ago, what has been done about your slow website?

Signed, current customer (wishing for better options): [Edit: PII]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @user_b26433, thank you for reaching out to our forum for help with finding a new promotion, and for help with those speed issues while using our website. I appreicate you for first trying those self-service options, I love to do the same thing with my own accounts. So, I can see how annoying that would be. Let's first work on the finding you the best option for your service, and then we can circle back to your website issues. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

5 months ago

It's consistently been one of the slowest websites I deal with - the pages take forever to load, and often when viewing the Billing page many sections will often be missing from the page.  Reloads take upwards of a minute each time, too.  Doesn't matter what computer I'm on or which internet connection I'm using.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

I agree. The website has never worked - either it's painfully slow to load, returns 502 bad gateway errors, won't allow a login, won't allow 2FA, gets itself into an endless loop trying to load a page, among other things. If you do happen to get logged in you'll have to continue logging in every few minutes (and risk a 502 bad gateway forcing a complete do-over). Consumer-facing websites for behemoth corporations are everywhere and all seem to work. Then there's Xfinity and it can't seem to get its act together to run a functioning site. I believe they do this on purpose, hoping to direct consumers to use the mobile app (which works fine). There is no excuse for Xfinity to have such a non-functional website - it's intentional. 

Official Employee

• 

945 Messages

@dreedpdx Thank you for your feedback. We definitely are not intentionally blocking access to our Xfinity website. The website has many features that enhance the value of our services. We always recommend clearing your browsers cache, and cookies. Ensuring your router has the latest firmware installed, is also often recommended.

1 Message

But, yours is the only site that does this.

1 Message

@XfinityMartyR​ EVERYONE is experiencing this issue. Fix the [Edited: "Language"] thing and cut the [Edited: "Language"]!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

897 Messages

@user_0qv041 Thank you for your visiting the Xfinity Community forums. We can understand your frustrations. Have you cleared cache and cookies in the browser? Have you attempted to go to website on a device that is hardwired and not Wi-Fi if possible? We are exploring all the troubleshooting options in order to better assist and ask questions that may identify valuable information. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

I just waited about three minutes for the billing page to load and am still waiting for the previous bill to show up. 

1 Message

5 months ago

Its comparable to dial up speeds

1 Message

5 months ago

I want to comment on how bad the xfinity website is. It is far worse than dialup. It is essentially non functional. It's a roll of the dice whether navigating the xfinity website will load a blank page, force me to enter my login credentials again, or go to an error page. This needs to be forwarded to the web management team. It is not a problem with anything on any consumer's end. It is 100% a problem with the website.

Official Employee

• 

701 Messages

Hello @user_hlr1nz  thank you so much for letting your thoughts be known and contributing to this conversation. When these issues appear( I'm assuming on all browsers)are you seeing any 404, 408 or 508 web messages indicating a timeout or failure to load? If so, how often is this happening? 

1 Message

Same issue here. The site is very slow to load and it's very difficult to change my plan because of this. Some pates, such as the customize your plan page, just sit on their loading screen, others, like the billing page take a few minutes to load and then sections within the page take even longer to load.  

I don't use this page often, so not sure if this is just an issue this morning, but it's been occurring for over an hour now.

1 Message

5 months ago

Agreeing with previous comments. This site ranks near the bottom as an interactive portal for conducting regular business. Everything marches along at glacial scales, if at all. It has been this way for more than a year. Activities, such as bill pay or service revision are near impossible.

Regarding the recent announcement of the Xfinity security breach to their back end systems, If you have received such notification you will need to change your password.

Be forewarned after a password change, if you are experiencing issues in re-logging in to the service or simply unexpected behavior, you will need to flush your (particular) browser cache and then restart the browser session.

This will very likely solve any authentication issues, it will not however solve the painful pace in which Xfinity wishes to conduct its online business. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

Same issue...have been on the Xfinity website for an hour to just go through a few pages.  The Xfinity website is so amazingly slow.  No other website I am working acts like this.  They are lightning fast.  The Xfinity website is so slow!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the Xfinity website as well @user_d8cad0. May I ask what web browser you are using or if you have tried any alternate browsers? 

1 Message

@XfinityAlyssaA​ there's a long list of customers complaining about the exact same issue and you have the gall to ask what browser is being used? Are you kidding me? 

6 Messages

@XfinityAlyssaA​  it's not the browser. Your website has been slow for years and years and years and nothing has been done about to date! Why???????????? Not???????

1 Message

4 months ago

I agree with what everyone else has said here.  There are no other websites that load as slow as Xfinity.  I also received a "cannot load page" message and I had to click on the "reload" button several times just to get the "cannot load page" message again.  For a company that sells internet service, the Xfinity website is a terrible example of its abilities.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with loading the Xfinity webpage @user_208p22, and apologize for any inconvenience. To confirm, are you experiencing issues with any other pages or just ours? May I also ask if you have tried using an alternate web browser? 

6 Messages

Nope, just yours!!!!! Always has been slow, for years and years and years. I have never had a good experience using your website!

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 months ago

Please clear your cache and cookies and also try a different browser.

When posting on issues like this it is helpful for you to post the browser that you are using.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

I'm using Chrome browser.

Chrome is up to date
Version 120.0.6099.217 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Every other website on the internet works just fine. Your comment is an attempt to not be helpful and not take ownership.
Michael W [Edited: Personal Information]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@Again​ 
Different browsers  and or clearing the cache does not help with xfinity site. It's the xfinity site that is slow.

1 Message

4 months ago

Agreed with the above. I'm here to kill time while my account page loads. I'm going on two hours taking the steps to unlink an account from my login. NO JOKE.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@user_mfn3kk

Agreed with the above. I'm here to kill time while my account page loads. I'm going on two hours taking the steps to unlink an account from my login. NO JOKE.

Have you tried a different browser?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

1 Message

4 months ago

Do me a favor. Log on to your own website. Because after reading through all this it is VERY clear that you are trying to obfuscate blame onto the consumers. Despite a clear context of "it is simply your website". 
Rather than give us some backhanded remark about why it's actually our fault, our browser, or our internet (it's not, it's terrible on every browser, and every device, and my internet is running at 900/40).
Just log on to your own website. For 5 minutes. See with your own eyes how absolutely terrible it actually is. 
Because I'm on minute 20 of trying to load a single page right now. 

It loads horrifically slow on Chrome, Firefox, Edge, on PC, on Mobile.

Don't ask me what I'm using because it's THE WEBSITE. 

So go log on to it real quick and come back to me, then try to tell us why it's something we're doing.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey there! We see you are having connection issues and we appreciate you reaching out over this platform @user_20o0o8. We are happy to work together, to get started can you please send us a DM with your name and service address? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

xfinity tooling is sad. They de-activate my account randomly for no reason. Their '24/7' support is a joke, completely inaccessible. Their website cannot be traversed from any type of browser. If you have the choice, don't use them.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_hdcfh8 Thank you for reaching out to us here so we can help turn your experience around. Are you able to give me more details about the account that was deactivated? I want to make sure we find the best path towards a resolution. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 months ago

Ridiculous.

Trying to update my payment method due card fraud and the site doesn't work.

Painfully slow. Broken. 

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://payments.xfinity.com/methods" on this server.

Reference #18.278d2117.1705563135.20279c9

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@rjt21 Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. Getting messages like "Access Denied" can be so frustrating, and I am sorry you have had this issue updating your payment method. Have you logged out of the website cleared your cache and cookies and logged back in? That tends to clear many issues. 

1 Message

@rjt21​ I too am having that same "Access Denied" error message. I have also had the multiple login prompts, I've had the redirected pages, the failed pages, the slow pages. The problem where you can pay your bill if you login on this button but not if you login on that button (that one was fun to problem-solve). 

I understand and appreciate how hard all the Xfinity personnel are working to solve individual problems. But even though you solve the "flavor-of-the-month" problem for this month, next month a new one emerges with the website. Every other month is a new hurdle that needs to be jumped, some new bug to be discovered, some new randomness that needs to be problem-solved. It feels very much like we're all here to beta-test the website every month. All I want to do is pay my bill, and I'm guessing Xfinity would love that, too. It should not be this hard to do so.

I'm not sure what causes the loading problems. I'd expect that from high-graphics platforms, but Xfinity does not have that, so it boggles my mind why it takes so long for it to find where it's going. 

Having worked in software development, I know bugs and unintended "features" happen when you put something out fresh. But the Xfinity website always seems to be in a state of flux, a state of development, and each new iteration does not improve it's state. It doesn't get to a stable plateau. And that makes it unpredictable and frustrating to customers. People here are not expressing just one problem. It's an ongoing array that has been happening for a few years now. They, too, just want to pay their bills, and not have it eat up their entire evening to do so.

I feel for all the people working at Xfinity in any capacity. It's not easy working in customer service. And most jobs nowadays are thankless and frustrating and pay very little. But I do thank you all for what you do. You are amazing. I would have preferred sending a private email to support, because I know these forums can become a piranha feeding frenzy, but there really isn't an option like that. And after years of this problem slowly getting worse and worse, I felt the need to reach out. Because it's pushing me away as a customer. It becomes too much work to pay my bill. It's painful enough paying bills with rising costs. Having to jump through hoops to pay it, just adds insult to injury. My dream is to login to Xfinity on the first try, look at my bill, and pay it within 2 minutes. That is what I dream.

2 Messages

Same here in software dev. Over the years it seems that they keep adding more features that are bloating the platform and load time. I have to imagine that they are lacking in some sort of testing prior to shipping changes/updates/features because even in the assumption that they are actively fixing problems, it seems that the page has gotten slower to load. At this point, they could drop all the artsy JavaScript animations and give me just a blank html page to pay. I would rate it 5 stars because then it would at least be functional!

14 Messages

4 months ago

Same here. I tried to make "quick" 🤣 payment before leaving for work today. I should know better by this point. It took 4 minutes just to load the billing page and then an access denied error when I tried to actually pay. Doesn't matter what browser or computer or mobile device I use, the website always reminds me of how horrible the dial up internet days were.

Official Employee

• 

515 Messages

Good Morning, @user_euv0c9! I am very sorry to hear about the experience with the website, have you attempted to clear your cache and cookies? Attempt Incognito browser? 

14 Messages

All of the above and then some, it's obvious from this thread as all the others like is that it's the website itself.  I think the real unaddressed thing here is that for most of us, its a monopoly so we don't have any choice but jump through a bunch of hoops to just to get them to take too much of our money for too little service because there's literally no other option.  The website is bad because it would cost them money to do something about it but it doesn't cost them anything to provide bad service to captive customers.

Official Employee

• 

962 Messages

The original post was about a known issue after security updates. With it giving you the access denied message, have you already tried changing your password? There was a message asking customers to do so around that time and I'm wondering if it might be related. If you already have, can you send us a direct message when you get a chance so we can look further into it? 

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

4 months ago

Agreed. Every time I try to access the site it takes 2 minutes or more to load the login screen, then it takes another 2 minutes to load past the login screen. By the time it lets me interact with anything on the screen it is already logging me out, presumably by perceived inactivity. It takes 20 minutes or more to reach a rep on the phone because their automated service is bloated with unnecessary garbage. I am convinced I will never be able to see what my bill is actually. Let alone pay it. Xfinity has been shooting itself in the foot with how horrible this website is. I've tried primarily on chromium-based browsers and they are slow, but other browser quite literally say the website is unreachable. I've no idea how they can claim to have good services available for the customer when the customer can't even access said services! 

1 Message

4 months ago

it's been the worst user experience since i can remember. not a good example considering being internet service provider.

Official Employee

• 

962 Messages

Hey @user_z1yhsf, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. Are you experiencing the same error the others are on this thread?

1 Message

@XfinityNicolas  Yeah, I think everyone is in the same boat.  Similar errors, similar circular loading.  For a company that's a multi-billion dollar company their website is terrible.  Just trying to look at my current statement and it keeps not loading.  Meanwhile, youtube is running great, can get to their billing in a flash.  It's almost as if you don't want people to see what their bills our so you can further your cash revenue.  People give up and go on paying the same bill...

Also, I changed to Edge, since I use Opera GX for everything, and it works great.  Edge is going smooth.  It's as if they just want you to use that browser..

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_4tm7pb - Clearing cache and cookies on your device, using another web browser, and/or trying from a device directly connected to your modem are all steps that might help. Happy to read Edge has been working for you. I am trying to replicate this issue on my side to no avail (using Chrome). The website seems to be working normally for me. I can log into My Account, and access bills. 

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@Dave678​ 

@XfinityNicolas  Yeah, I think everyone is in the same boat.  Similar errors, similar circular loading.  For a company that's a multi-billion dollar company their website is terrible.  Just trying to look at my current statement and it keeps not loading.  Meanwhile, youtube is running great, can get to their billing in a flash.  It's almost as if you don't want people to see what their bills our so you can further your cash revenue.  People give up and go on paying the same bill...

Also, I changed to Edge, since I use Opera GX for everything, and it works great.  Edge is going smooth.  It's as if they just want you to use that browser..

When you switched to Edge, did you have any extensions loaded?  Any kind of security or track back, anything at all?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here