in the confirmation email that we got from xfinity prior to us picking up our self install kit from comcast clearly states that we have selected the 1000mbps and cable for $84.99/mo, but when I log into my account, it says our plan is the 300mbps and cable. My husband even bought an Arris Modem with the built-in wifi that is capable of handling 1000+mbps, and is listed on xfinity's website as one of the modems to get for the 1000+mbps applications. But we were somehow enrolled on a different plan. we havent had the chance to call or visit a local comcast as we are busy settling in to our new home.
... View more
Hello everyone. I just wanted to ask you all if you guys ever had an issue similar to mines. To make a long story short, I'm just going give a brief summary of what had happened. My husband and I recently moved and subscribed to xfinity comcast for our internet and cable needs. My husband had signed up and confirmed for the 1000mbps plan with cable for $84.99/month for 12 months. The next day, we went to an actual xfinity store to pick up the self install kit. He ended up installing it the following day to no avail. We ended up getting a technician to come to our new home to get the issue fixed. The issue was resolved, and our internet and cable got fixed; however, my husband was quite disappointed knowing that we had signed up for the 1000mbps and cable service, we were only getting 340-350mbps max. We understand that we may not get the full speed as advertised, but only to get 1/3 of our 1000mbps was insane. My husband decided to sign into my xfinity account so he can hopefully talk to someone to get this issue resolved, but "Ashley", the xfinity adviser who was quick to introduce herself never responded to us after 30mins of waiting. Has anyone ever had this issue before? Where, in the email you're confirmed for a certain plan, then you later find out that you had been enrolled into another plan that you don't even want? How did xfinity go about handling this? thanks for taking the time in reading my rant. i hope this gets resolved with no extra costs on our end. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks
... View more