And, strangely enough, Comcast is a Partner/Owner of Hulu, according to the Motley Fool: https://www.fool.com/investing/2016/08/07/hulus-newest-owner-makes-it-a-major-threat-as-a-st.aspx
Wiki says this: Hulu (stylized as hulu) is an American subscription video on demand service owned by Hulu LLC, a joint venture with The Walt Disney Company (through Disney-ABC Television Group) (30%), 21st Century Fox (through Fox Entertainment Group) (30%), Comcast (through NBCUniversal) (30%), and as of August 10, 2016, Time Warner (through Turner Broadcasting System) (10%, minority stake).
You would think a "30% Owner" would be promoting it... Does Netflix have an exclusive contract or something?
... View more
WELCOME to the island of misfit toys! I wish you all the luck in the world having your dreams come true. Do I sound cynical? We are a great bunch of avid forum X1 users but have found that our wish lists seem to contain wanting broken things and bugs fixed rather than having new features. I have had X1 since day one and all in all I like it but useful things get taken away far too often for my taste. Once again...welcome and so glad you found this forum
I seem to get the impression that Comcast isn't listening to its customers.
With all the ads I've been seeing for X1 recently, I had thought that Comcast were really proud of their system, and that they wanted their customers to be happy with it.
I'm a recent convert from DirecTV. There are a lot of things I like about X1, but there are so many nits that make it harder to use than it should be.
My BIGGEST gripe is that there is NO WAY to schedule something to record if it is NOT in the schedule within the next two weeks. I really want to record Planet Earth II on BBC America, but I cannot. It's scheduled for more than a month in the future. This is NUTS. Tivo has had the ability to record this for many years. Even DIrecTV has it.
... View more
I have been using X1 for less than a month now, and there a few things that would make it much easier for me to use...
1. I would like to see, better use of Original Air Dates. I know you can see them in the info box for the selected item in the Guide. I would find them much more useful with Saved/Recordings and Saved/Scheduled. I prefer to watch series in air-date-order. With some series, this is absolutey CRITICAL. (Can you imagine trying to watch "Lost" in random order???)
2. When you select a recording under Saved/Recordings, it shows a list of tiles which appears to be in most-recently-recorded order. I would find original-air-date-order far more useful. Again, I prefer to watch series in air-date-order. When you select a tile, is lists the recording date but not the air date.
3. At the end of this list of tiles, there is an additional "More Episodes" tile. If there are more than just a few episodes recorded, this tile is the ONLY tile find useful. I hate having to scroll to the end of this long list of tiles to get to this More Episodes tile. There's got to be an easier way. You can select one of the tiles and select the "Episodes" tile, but that is too colvoluted. It is nice that More Episodes lists recordings per-season, but More Episodes should also list the air dates.
4. The per-season listing is great, but how do you delete a whole season, all at once???
5. Getting to Filter and Sort Order is convoluted! Press Down Arrow once, then Up Arrow once??? And what if you've been looking at something way down on the list, nd you want to change the Filter? You have to Up-Arrow all the way back up to the top of the list, then click Up Arrow one more time. That's a pain. How about using the "Setup" button, or the Left Arrow button to take you directly to the list options?
6. Finally (to repeat,) it should save the Filter and Sort Order for next time.
... View more
I would love it, for lists, if options like Filter and Sort Order were SAVED, so I would not have set them over and over and over.
Also, the way you get to these and other item(s) in the header above the list (list options?) -- using the arrow key -- is nuts.
If I am looking at something way, way down in the list, and I want to change sort order, I have to scroll way back to the top of the list, just so I can hit the up arrow one more time to get to Filter/Sort/Series-Priority/etc options. It would be so much better if you could use some key -- maybe "setup", i.e. to set up the list) -- to set list options.
... View more