If anyone who lost access to HD channels in the Roku app can send me a private message with a screenshot of their bill showing "HD Technology fee" listed as part of their service, I would be happy to have someone investigate. The rate code in the billing system is what drives the availability of HD channels in the Roku app. If you don't have this fee listed and would like access to HD channels, please contact our customer service specialists at 800-XFINITY.
For example, the image below from my bill shows the fee listed within the "TV" section.
Thanks ComcastDan , but now I'm done with the beta.
I'm not about to sign up for the $10.00 HD-Technology Fee (there is litterally no value added here and this is just a money grab) and I am certainly not about to sign up for any additional outlet fee (or whatever comcast decides to call it when the beta ends). 10+7.50= 17.50 more/month = No thanks.
I find it odd that comcast would make user experience the same on the Stream IOS & Android apps, as well as on https://tv.xfinity.com/, but the Roku would have a different experience (specifically excluding HD Channels). The SD channels are so poorly rendered there is no point in watching them.
... View more
Some feedback on the Beta.
1) while pricing has not been announced, I don't plan to continue using this if there are any addtional costs. The cost of the service/plan is already high enough and I will not be paying a fee to use my equipment on my service/plan.
2) Work needs to be done to speed up the responsiveness of the app. For instance it can take 1.5-2 minutes to navigate the menues (slow) to get to live TV.
3) The guide needs to have options (like the web & Ios app versions) to filter the guide for favorites/HD/etc.
4) There needs to be a way to quickly enter a channel number. I realize this might be difficult due to the lack of buttons on the Roku remote, but something needs to be done to quickly enter a channel number from a live TV stream. (perhaps pushing the * button will give the number selector. Also please keep the live tv stream running in the background without stopping playback)
5) If watching a stream and the Guide is accessed, keep the stream running in a small Picture-in-picture similar to how the Web version works. That way you can see the stream while paging through the guide.
... View more