My account name is Bob & if needed here is the
I have explored getting my price reduced in the past year, but never got to acting on it. I joined in Oct 2017 I think. What I would like to get back is say 2 options. Just internet with the 10 basic channels as I have Amazon Prime, Netflix & Roku. Also the double play package with 140+ channels. Eventually I will return my modem, dvr and my upstairs tv adapter as I really don't need those. I am also single so I don't need super speed internet say 25mbs to 100mbs. Thanks for any and all help. I look forward to hearing back from you. Bob
Edit: removed last name
... View more
I am on Social Security and I am now paying $215 a month. I would like to go to the most cost effective tier. I live alone so don't need the highest speed internet and I don't need all the premium channels. I would like an offer with say 25mbs and 10 to 140+ channels. A few months ago I asked and was only offered 150mbs and 140+ channels. Thanks for any help.
... View more
My wish list:
1) Day+ and Day- in the guide. An absolute necessity whose omission beggars belief.
2) 30-second skip ahead.
3) The ability to set a manual recording. Others have explained how useful this can be. A friend of mine returned his X1 specifcally because it was missing this feature.
4) A "Live" button, with the ability to grab the buffer of the active tuner if you press "Record."
Again, it's baffling that the last three features were removed. The four colored ABCD buttons could be mapped to Day+, Day-, Live, and Skip.
The rest are less important. In no particular order ...
5) Ability to search for a *channel* while in the guide.
6) Better timing on the reset after coming out of fast forward. It jumps back far too much. I know my reaction time is good, but I've taken to waiting several seconds after seeing the end of the commercial break before hitting "Play", and that's an eternity when it comes to reaction times. If you hit "Play" as soon as you see content you want to watch, you can get three to five seconds of commercial. It's aggavating, because the old DVRs had this down pat.
7) When you hit play after a single FF (two arrows on screen), the sexy fade-out of the single "play" arrow takes 2.5 seconds. That's a good second too long. If you're fast forwarding from one baseball pitch or football play to the next, you're likely to get the arrow over the action you wanted to see. (Kudos, however, on fixing this FF speed; on the old DVRs, it was uselessly slow, and the next speed was too fast for this.)
8) I like the idea of not bothering with 1, 3, and 5 extra minutes for live events, but as others have noted, not all of them are correctly coded in the database. So, how about 1, 3, 10, and Other as the default, where Other would bring up 30 min, 60, 90, and 120? That would work fine. Whereas known live events would just have the 30, 60, 90, 120 menu.
9) As just mentioned, you should definitely have 120 extra minutes for live events, because in the course of a baseball season some games will absolutely last longer than 4:30.
10) Better database coding. Repeats of shows like South Park *on other networks* are not marked as such. Setting the Series option to "HD Only" removes a lot of the extra entries from Scheduled, but not all of them.
You can program the remote to skip ahead 30 sec. When I 1st signed up last month it was a pain when I hit page up or down and it jumped 5 minutes ahead. I searched the forms and found a very easy trick so now I have 30 sec and if needed just hit it a few times.
he page up button (pg) is set by default to skip ahead 5 minutes. you can reprogram the box itself so that a page up command will instead skip ahead 30 seconds. from the xfinity xr2 remote, press "Exit" button 3 times, the press "0030".
then try the xfinity xr2 remote, start playing a recording, press "pg up" button. it should now skip 30 seconds.
Any idea on how to get it back to 5 mins?
You follow the same process indicated above, but instead of 0030, you use 0500.
The 4 digit code is minutes in seconds....so if you want to do 10 minutes 1000, 45 seconds 0045.
I have only tested 0500 and 0030.
... View more
As a new customer I am mainly loving Xfinity after being on Dish for 20 yrs. But here are my main requests:
1. Add more categories under guide when you press guide twice. Add Premium Movies, Documentary, History
2. Add a sort feature or an option to only list the channels I pay for. It is a pain to scroll when I'm in ALL CHANNELS with tons of Spanish Channels. Also with Dish for years I could have 2 or 3 lineups showing in guide
3. Regroup like channels near each other like why is some HBO way up in 800's and most in the 550 range? And if I want to check out NFL network I have to root around to find ESPN etc
... View more