I have this problem too. I am right next to the hotspot and cannot connect. I can connect to every other hotspot fine just not xfinity. My iPad Pro connects fine, so does my iPhone 7, but not my iPhone X. It seems the xfinity hotspots have problems with iPhone X.
... View more
Here is the resolution:
After spending 7 hours with Comcast Support and Norton Support, I finally was able to reach someone at Norton (Symantec Corporation) that understood the problem.
The bottom line, as confirmed by Norton, the current version of the MAC software offered by Comcast does not work on MAC. Thats a fact. Norton (Symantec Corp) Acknoledged it. The software wont install, and if you are able to use the old version and then upgrade to the current version, there are nothing but problems.
The fix is not to use the software provided by Comcast because it doesn't work and it doesn't install.
You have to use the software provided by Norton here - https://norton.com/comcastmac7
It uses a totally different installer and was written totally different so it actually installs and works on MacOS Sierra and El Capitan.
Here is the procedure proviided to me by Symantec Technical Support:
(1) Do not download the Norton Internet Security for MAC software at https://constantguard.xfinity.com/products-and-services/norton-internet-security/ because it doesnt work and has not worked since it was released. Don't use that. Its not compatable with MacOS. It won't install or run properly.
(2) Download Norton Internet Security here - https://norton.com/comcastmac7
(3) Unzip the file.
(4) Click the Install Norton.app
(5) Let it download and install, reboot as prompted by the installer.
(6) if prompted after the installation completes, go to https://constantguard.xfinity.com/products-and-services/norton-internet-security/ and click on the Mac icon and request the install code or partner code. Copy the code, and insert it into the Norton provided app that you installed from step 3.
(7) After it is installed, make sure you choose to immediately download all applications updates via live update. Failure to do this will leave the software in an incompatable state that causes problems with your MacOS system. The version # after the update should be 7.4.3 as viewable in the "About Norton Internet Security" area of the application.
This Symantec build thats currenly only obtainable at https://norton.com/comcastmac7 fixes two problems: (1) It fixes the install problem and (2) it also fixes the crashing/starting/glitching problem that the version currently being served up by comcast casues.
Comcast ultimately must replace the version they are serving up to customers with the version listed in step # 2 above.
That simple resolution shown above should be something that EVERY SINGLE COMCAST AND SYMANTEC SUPPORT REP SHOULD HAVE IMMEDIATELY ACCESSIBLE.
Sadly, it took me 7 hours across 20+ phone calls and support chat sessions between Comcast and Symantec to obtain that basic corrective fix, because nobody that works at Comcast or Symantec have a clue as to what they are doing and nobody knows or understands basic computer technology, as evidenced by the technicians walking down all kinds of nonsenseical patheways that are immediately obvious to me that those are not going to bring us any closer to solving the problem.
I only got this fix because I was insanely persistant and got lucky to finally get a symantec rep (after 7+ hours mind you) who actually knew something about the symantec software they are supposed to support.
... View more
Went to https://constantguard.xfinity.com/products-and-services/norton-internet-security/ to download Norton Internet Securty for MacOS.
Have a farily new MAC Book Pro running MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29)
Entered the code it provides and downloaded the installer.
Unzipped the installer as shown
Double click to run the installer and I get this:
It seems I can only install an older version of Norton Internet Security that I got from Symantec Suport when they told me Comcast has problems with their version of Norton Internet Security.
The problem is the old version keeps prompting me to upgrade becase it says its obselete.
If I download the pay version from Symantec directly it works great, but Comcast is supposed to provide the software.
If comcast can't handle providng it they should give us vouchers so we can get the Symatec version since that works.
Whats the fix?
I ran the RemoveSymantecMacFiles.command file and cleared everything out, but I still can't install the new version of Symantec for MAC. It seems there is a problem with the actual program.
... View more