Community Forum

wifi problems after scheduled downtime

s_e_g
New Poster

wifi problems after scheduled downtime

After a scheduled down time, there have been several problems.

1) the wifi password seems to have been changed

2) using what xfinity claims is the wifi password, connection is rejected as incorrect password

3) wifi password cannot be changed back to the my original password

4) 4 or 5 modem resets have been tried without success

5) different info about when the shutdown will end is received from text message ended about 1pm, online status reports up by 4:59pm, telephone support states up by 8:50pm, service trucks leave the area about 4pm,  service actually seems to work steadily from 1pm except wifi

6) xfinitywifi hot spot is 'enabled' but not not working

7) unable to help from a real live person

😎 after modem reset, no call is received from support

nuttybar
New Poster

Re: wifi problems after scheduled downtime

I am also having a similar issue. Internet went down last night, when I called they said it was scheduled downtime and would be up at 5am. Now my modem connects for a few minutes when I reset it, then disconnects. There was work being done this afternoon not far from me, but that looks to be completed now as well. Luckily I can connect to the xfinity hotspot, though I have had no luck with a real person. I chatted with someone and they ignored what I was asking and set up a tech to come out, not telling me the cost or even asking if that's what I wanted. 

I will be watching this thread to see if any solutions come up. 

s_e_g
New Poster

Call after hours, when the computer sweet mind less lady does not answer the phone and you might get to talk to a real live intelligent person who will listen to you questions and observations, instead of the automated voice which will politely go thru the same steps over and over ("reset the modem and you will be called when done" over and over, sometimes before the the previous reset has not finished).  Tonight I was given real help in finding a possible source of the problem and a suggestion to replace the modem when the local shop opens up.  Good luck to anyone who is stuck with the computer voice - you will need it.

EG
Expert

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!