Community Forum

re: looking to purchase modem now

Highlighted
Contributor

re: looking to purchase modem now

i am here because i need recommendations on any legitimate online sites to purchase the particular modem model listed below. i do not want to buy from third-party sellers on Amazon as i've heard reviews of peeps purchasing stolen or equipment actually rented by Comcast and re-sold, unbeknownst to Comast and/or the third party seller.  i want to purchase this particular modem because it is the exact model i have been renting and i only get 200 mpbs speed with my comcast subscription...

Xfinity Wireless Gateway

Cisco DPC3941T | Model number: DPC3941T    

thanx in advance everyone. 🙂

"i'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: re: looking to purchase modem now

Comcast only allows devices listed on https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/. The DPC3941T isn't listed there.

Highlighted
Contributor

it may not be listed in your account. it is listed in my account as i use it, along with 10 or so other models.

"i'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@sojihea wrote: it may not be listed in your account. it is listed in my account as i use it, along with 10 or so other models.

I should have said: "Comcast only allows the customer owned devices listed on https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/. The DPC3941T isn't listed there, so Comcast doesn't consider it to be available for purchase."

Highlighted
Expert

Yep. That device was never a legit retail one. Yer' asking for problems when you try to get it activated.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!