RobertWy
Silver Problem Solver

Re: modem password hacked

@woodsden wrote:

what to do now 😞 any help thks woodsden

Can you change it on My Account?

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/security

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
EG
Expert

@woodsden wrote:

what to do now 😞 any help thks woodsden

Are you talking about your WiFi home network password or the password to access the modem's user interface pages ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
woodsden
New Poster

access the modem  interface 

woodsden
New Poster

thks for the reply but i need to get into the modem interface its called i guess

EG
Expert

Try hard resetting the device to factory defaults by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds. The user name and the password will now become the defaults of admin and password. You will lose any customized settings, and they will need to be re-configured from scratch.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
woodsden
New Poster

thank you thank you saved me a phone call, i can reset any changes

EG
Expert

Quite welcome !

woodsden
New Poster

hello funny thing i decided to try password as the password πŸ™‚ some how it defaulted back, maybe from some hard boot ive done,change my password and no extra devices hook up, good to go