Community Forum

ipad location service not working with comcast wifi at home

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

ipad location service not working with comcast wifi at home

My ipad air 3 (IOS 13.3) location services does not work with my home wifi. Keep getting error saying current location not available.  Location services is on, apps are allowed to use the location, I've reset the network, reset the ipad, etc etc etc. My wife's samsung tablet has no problem finding its location here.  The ipad has no trouble finding it's location on other wifi systems (eg, apple store, other homes, etc).  I've tried everything and spent an hour on the phone with apple support.  Any suggestions?  --thx

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: ipad location service not working with comcast wifi at home

@mcconkey2 wrote:

My ipad air 3 (IOS 13.3) location services does not work with my home wifi. Keep getting error saying current location not available.  Location services is on, apps are allowed to use the location, I've reset the network, reset the ipad, etc etc etc. My wife's samsung tablet has no problem finding its location here.  The ipad has no trouble finding it's location on other wifi systems (eg, apple store, other homes, etc).  I've tried everything and spent an hour on the phone with apple support.  Any suggestions?  --thx

My old iPad with 10.3.3 works.  Are you sure the iPad is using your wifi?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yes it is connected to my xfinity wifi.

Highlighted
Expert

@mcconkey2 wrote:

Yes it is connected to my xfinity wifi.

Is the above the broadcast name / SSID that it is connected too (xfinitiywifi) ? If so, that is the secondary public WiFi hotspot broadcast name and not your home network's WiFi broadcast. Your home network's default broadcast network name (SSID) should look like this: HOME-xxxx-2.4 or HOME-xxxx-5.0.

x = various numbers and letters.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

No it's connected to my home wifi.  I'm using my own router and modem, but the ipad location services still wouldn't work with the xfinity modem/router.

Expert

When you're on your home network, go to Privacy | Location Services | System Services

and see if any of the location based system services are turned off. (They should all be on, including Significant Locations at the bottom.)

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!