Community Forum

home internet sign up via xfinitiywifi

Highlighted
New Poster

home internet sign up via xfinitiywifi

Hi ~ We just moved into an apartment and I wanted to set up wifi. So on my macbook wifi networks list I clicked on xfinitywifi. It walked me through signing up for wifi. I picked monthly and checked the box to reoccur monthly. I then received emails saying that it was all set up and I could start using it. Here is where the problem is. I cannot login to the wifi using any of my devices. Also, when I login to the xfinity app it gives me a message saying they are setting up my account....but my emails say that my account is all set up and ready to use. So I am not sure what it wroing and I cannot access the chat rooms or scehdule a call from xfinity. Nothing is working.  I am also thinking that this was not the way to set up my home wifi network and that I may need help straightening this all out.

Please advise ~ Brian

Highlighted
Expert

Re: home internet sign up via xfinitiywifi

You should be using your own home network's WiFi broadcast name (SSID) from the gateway device, ex. HOME-xxxx-2.4, not the xfinitywifi public WiFi hotspot SSID.

X= various letters and numbers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!