Community Forum

guest wifi

New Poster

guest wifi

I am trying to figure out the wifi guest network name and password but the xfinity website is saying I am not on an unsupported (but I'm using my home computer). Help?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: guest wifi

@Colleen419 wrote:

I am trying to figure out the wifi guest network name and password but the xfinity website is saying I am not on an unsupported (but I'm using my home computer). Help?

"not on an unsupported"?

Does your account have xfinitywifi turned on?

WiFi Public Hotspot.

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/services/internet

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@Colleen419 wrote:

This is not about your home computer. It is about if you are using a Comcast rental router / gateway device or using your own retail puchased modem / router. Only the former will work with the internet site and not the latter.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Are you using the same Computer as when you signed up with Comcast? I think they register the mac address on all devices.

New Poster

Try contacting the Modem Manufacturer and explain the problem. I am sure they have seen this before.

Expert

@Johnnydude wrote:

Are you using the same Computer as when you signed up with Comcast? I think they register the mac address on all devices.

They don't.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!