Community Forum

extreme slow speeds and low power on GB

Highlighted
Contributor

extreme slow speeds and low power on GB

Can someone please tell me who Xfinity can fix this? Ive spent endless house on the phone had "techinicans" come over and no one will help me. I pay for GB and get about 50-60 down. The issue is my upload power is to low and no one will work with me

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 6.22.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-24 at 6.22.55 PM.png

Highlighted
Expert

Re: extreme slow speeds and low power on GB

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they need to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim, you could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to them here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 6.23.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-24 at 6.22.55 PM.png

Highlighted
Expert

Same thing...

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Contributor

https://imgur.com/Gb1b0WD

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="Gb1b0WD"><a href="//imgur.com/Gb1b0WD"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://imgur.com/a/2vrW6bq

Highlighted
Contributor

image linked posted

Highlighted
Expert

All of the signal stats are fine. What is the exact make and model number of that modem ?

Highlighted
Contributor

Ariss T25

Highlighted
Expert

O/k is there a DOCSIS 3.1 *OFDM* downstream channel also indicated on that signal status page ? If so please post it too.

Highlighted
Contributor

Highlighted
Contributor

@EG wrote:
O/k is there a DOCSIS 3.1 *OFDM* downstream channel also indicated on that signal status page ? If so please post it too.

i dont see anything titled  3.1 *OFDM*

Highlighted
Expert

Yes but would you please post Downstream 1 as Comcast does not yet offer 2 OFDM channels, so number 2 would not be locked and valid.

Highlighted
Contributor

This is all I see. This is everything from Homepage

https://imgur.com/3xIfQRs

https://imgur.com/lWw2iXT
Highlighted
Contributor

Any advise
Highlighted
Expert

Hmmm. Everything looks o/k. They probably just have the OFDM channel mislabeled as being number 2. Not sure exactly what is wrong with your speed. What do you get for the upload speed ?

See if anything here applies;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Troubleshooting-Gigabit-internet-speeds/m-p/3145413#...

Highlighted
Contributor

The upload speeds are fine they are about 40-45.

I was told my arris that’s my upload power needs to be in the mid 40s and it’s showing on all 3; 37.25 and 38.
Highlighted
Contributor

Also thank you for looking and helping.

I will say I have purchased and tried 3 modems. The Netgear cm1150v, the Arris t25 and the Motorola one. Infinity refuses to activated anything without a phone port so those 3 are pretty much it.

All 3 have had the same speeds so I’m finding it hard to believe it’s someone thing on my end. I’ve also hardwired directly to the computer to elimate the router and same issues
Highlighted
Expert

@spoolings wrote:

I was told my arris that’s my upload power needs to be in the mid 40s and it’s showing on all 3; 37.25 and 38.

That's incorrect. Only the Comcast engineering / cable plant specs matter;

From the troubleshooting tips sticky topic at the top of this board;

Downstream Power Levels: -8dBmV to  +10dBmV

Downstream Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR):  >35dB 

Upstream Power Level:  +25dBmV to +54dBmV

Upstream Signal to Noise Ratio (uSNR): >31dB  

Upstream Receive Power: -2dBmV to +2dBmV

Highlighted
Expert

@spoolings wrote:
Also thank you for looking and helping.

My pleasure ! Smiley Happy

Even though the signal stats looked o/k at that snapshot in time, obviously something is going on. Perhaps there is noise ingress into the line(s) somewhere.

There are other signal stat figures that can't be read by the modem. They are the "Upstream Rx Power" (Upstream Receive Power Level), the "Upstream SNR Ch." (Upstream Signal To Noise Ratio), and the "Upstream ICFR" (In Channel Frequency Response). These are as equally important in diagnosing connectivity issues as are the modem's stats.

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. They can check the CMTS (Cable Modem Termination System) for any real time degradation and / or error reports, see your node / cable plant and modem health, and see whether or not everything is in the green zone. They can also see a history plot for the modem and poll for those upstream receive signal stats.

You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you hopefully this can get resolved
Highlighted
Official Employee

Greetings, @spoolings! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you are running into issues with your internet speeds. That's certainly frustrating and I would like to have a look into this to see what's going on. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

@spoolings, I just came across this thread and was wondering if you were able to get a solution to your problem and if you would be so kind as to share. I'm fighting pretty much the exact same scenario, so far Xfinity hasn't had a solution other than telling me that my third party modem (Arris T25) is likely the problem and I should use the Xfinity specific device.

Thanks

Bob 

Highlighted
Contributor

Nope it’s been going on since last year and I’ve been past around to over 10 Comcast employees, had 10 “tech” visits and no change. They refuse to acknowledge it’s on Comcast end and just want to keep sending out people that all have a different story and some just refuse to work on anything. I’ve had 3rd services come out on my own expense and nothing wrong on my end. Comcast is a joke no one will do anything just point the figure at the other. They said they will credit me when it’s fixed well it will never be fixed. They just give you the run around till your so fed up you quit. Also even with COVID they want to send a tech out AGAIN and told them I don’t want them in my house etc and the response was well we can’t do anything. Remind you this would be the 11th “tech”. And now they wouldn’t even reply to my messages. No problem taking my money every month though. The ISSUE is they block the 32nd channel and the power upload is to low. Others on here have had it fixed but Comcast wouldn’t even address it for me
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Did you respond to the Official Employee in this thread 3 months ago?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

@CCAndrew
Like I said I’ve been past around to MULTIPLE EMPLOYEES. The first was ComcastMichael then ComcastSteven etc etc etc. I could copy and paste about 100 private messages from these forms. And if you read my posts all they do is send techs out. The most recent ComcastBailey told me that even though of Covid they still need to send someone out and now they won’t response. And when I asked about upload power and 32nd channel 9 of the 10 wouldn't even Acknowledge it even though people over their pay grade have said that’s the issue. The one that acknowledged it said “oh that’s no the issue”. Look at these forums ITS THE ISSUE.
Highlighted
Contributor

@CCAndrew

I just looked it’s ComcastMichael ComcastRafel ComcastSean back to ComcastMichael ComcadtSeanR ComcastBrianMI ComcastBen and then ComcastBayley. So yea I replied

Michael worked with me for 3 months but these other ones that followed send a message I reply and they disappear it’s been a week and no reply from Bayley or anyone. I was told they can credit till it’s resolved which will never happen. And Brian said it was resolved and I said ok then credit me and he disappeared. Such a joke of a company. I’ve had service since 2001 and while there have been issues it’s never been this bad. And I swindled into this package.
Highlighted
Contributor

And on another topic since I got moved over to this plan I’m using over 1tb of data monthly. When I had blast for 5 years and never was over 800gb ever. I asked why and the rep told
Me it’s cause Disney plus uses a lot of data. My response was I don’t have Disney plus, which I don’t and they hung up on me. Doesn’t matter if it’s on the phone or here I can’t get help.
Highlighted
Contributor

A week later and still no response from ANYONE at Comcast. Wish I could say I’m surprised but of course no one wants to help
Highlighted
New Poster

Hi @spoolings, sorry to you that you had such bad experience and sorry to me that I am in the same situation.

I've had Arris T25 modem and GT-AX11000 router on a 1Gbps speed. On rush hours of the day, DS/US is 600Mbps/2Mbps, while at night it is 930Mbps/7Mbps. I did the live-chat with at least ten people and all of them acted like this: reboot-no success-then-sent a technician. Now with the COVID-19, the technician won't even come into the house. Seeing that you haven't resolved this for such a long time, I feel so desperate. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Also now 3/4 time a week my internet goes down at 1215-1230am every single time. Can’t be a random that it always happens at that time 3/4 times a week. Never happens outside those times.