Boniatillo's profile

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, December 3rd, 2019 7:00 PM

Closed

constant packet loss for months.

Hi everyone, i've been having constant packet loss for months now. i've had multiple agents come out to my home and honestly they don't really do much. i had someone come out with a program that they use called yeti (if i remember correctly) that apparently tracks the levels more accurately and he did in fact find lots of packet loss. i use to have a puma 6 intel chip which i was aware could have been the problem (most likely) so i changed my modem to my old one SBG6900-AC which was honestly working perfectly fine before but a year ago we had similar issues and we thought it was the modem, but it wasn't the agent had to change my entire line from the splitter on the pole. which fixed our issue. Now going back into my problem, i have changed my entire coax cable that goes from my modem to the outside box and the agent have also changed the entire line that's connected to the splitter on the pole and still didn't resolve my issue. The last agent believes that the entire main cable line has to be replaced however it's a lot more complicated than what you may think. so this all happened back in september and it's now december and i still have not fixed my issue. they told me they needed to get approval from the construction team and then it may take a couple weeks maybe a month (which is obviously understandable) but it frustrates me that i can't play my games properly without having to deal with the BS packet loss. about a week about we saw an xfinity truck near our house and we decided to go and talk to the gentleman to get some information about what's going on, or perhaps an update on our end. he says that apparently xfinity in our area will be re-wiring everything soon to fiber lines? that's what i understood from the guy. (does anyone know if this is true) He also said that the reason why they haven't done anything is because they're waiting for AT&T to finish doing their fiber lines ( but like, they've been done for a long time though... lol). i've also told them to fix their nodes multiple times which worked for a day or 2 before it goes back to poo. does anyone have any ideas or experience with packet loss. i'm kinda tired of going home and having to be more stressed because i can't play my games properly.  here's some information about my modem. 

bfdce250eee5b6b9ff1cac2cf64e0885.png44ddb7c826add02170a003bf2fa44fa7.png90bc2c12d747827e3d297e2ae7487f5f.png

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here