Community Forum

camera for computer

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

camera for computer

Recently received a camera for my computer. I put it on. When I talk to someone the picture & the voice goes in and out. At times I cannot hear what they are saying. What can I do about this can it possibly be the camera I just got.   Thank you.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: camera for computer

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does that computer when hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

With this test, we are trying to isolate this from being either a WiFi-only problem or a problem with the general connection to the Comcast system which would of course affect both. It's a good first step of troubleshooting before we proceed any further.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

It is not a Wi-fi connection.  I just wondered if it could possibly be the internet. or you saying it could? Thanks

Highlighted
Expert

O/k what do the modem's signal stats look like ?  Perhaps they already are, or they are close to being out of spec and intermittently they go completely of spec. Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

It was my internet connection. Thank You. Pat Manley

Highlighted
Expert

So are you saying that there is no longer a problem ?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Yes I am. Thanks

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Yes I am thanks. Pat Manley

Highlighted
Expert

Happy to hear it ! Now closing your topic.