Community Forum

adding a pod made me lose 5.0

Dudeen
New Poster

adding a pod made me lose 5.0

Hi.  I ordered wifi extender pods from xfinity.com to make the signal better in the basement where my son plays video games.  When he plugged in the pod and followed the instructions the 5.0 disappeared and now we only have 2.4 which is much slower.  I asked him to unplug the pod but the 5.0 didn't appear again.  How can I get 5.0 to appear again? Thank you

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: adding a pod made me lose 5.0

Edit your Wi-Fi to separate the two networks. The networks were combined when you added the pods. When you separate them, the pods won’t work

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
EG
Expert

The two WiFi bands have recently been combined into one with the Comcast gateway devices. You won't be able to use any pods if they are separated. They *allegedly* make the best decision for you and your WiFi environment.  🙄

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
EG
Expert

Darn echoes 😜 LOLLL !!! 😁

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!