Community Forum

Your ISP’s DHCP does not function properly. DHCP Failure. ASUS RT-AC86U @COMCASTCHE

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Your ISP’s DHCP does not function properly. DHCP Failure. ASUS RT-AC86U @COMCASTCHE

Hi! I keep getting a DHCP failure on my ASUS router. It says to contact my ISP to found out the root cause of DHCP failure, When I log into my router internet status says "Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly." I've reset my modem and router every time and after resets it will connect for a short period of time and then will disconnect with the DHCP error. I've contacted Tech Support and all they said is that cannot help me because I have an ASUS Router and a Netgear CM1000 Modem. Both devices worked fine with another ISP and I think the issue is on the ISP side and my modem may need to be reprovisiones. I also spoke with a CCIE about this and he agrees... 

I think that @ComcastChe can help as it seems he has resolved this issue with others. I work from home and need this to be up and running as soon as possible. I greatly appreciate the help!