Community Forum

Xfinity seems to be messing with specific games.

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity seems to be messing with specific games.

For the past few days, I have been having connection issues on specific games on both my PC and PS4. I know it is ISP related as my friend who lives next to me is not experiencing these problems, on a different provider, and Ubisoft made a post on their forums stating that there were problems with users on Comcast on their servers. The games being affected are Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege and NBA 2K20, as I cannot connect to the servers on both my PC and PS4. Is there any fix to this? I have restarted my gateway multiple times and done what the Xfinity Assistant has told me to do. I am also not getting advertised speeds, I am paying for Gigabit, but only getting 175-200mbps download, but I don't really care about that. Also, both devices are port forwarded. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity seems to be messing with specific games.

I forgot to add that this has also been confirmed through use of a VPN, where the games worked completely fine, but with a very high ping.

Highlighted
New Poster

I’m having the SAME problem! I can’t play 2k20 on my xfinity WiFi but I can on a mobile hotspot. Please fix this ASAP xfinity. I can’t believe I spend so much money on WiFi that isn’t functional.!
Highlighted
New Poster

Same issue here in Minnesota. 

Highlighted
Expert

Try disabling the Xfi Advanced Security feature as a work-around for now and see. It's buggy ! And there is currently no way for an end-user to be able to whitelist anything;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I tried to disable the xFI advanced security and when I signed into my account it seems as though I never enabled it to begin with. I’m having issues specifically on 2k, I also seem to be experiencing issues with my party chat in the last 2 days as nobody can hear me. Has anyone else had this issue?