Community Forum

Xfinity pods went offline and won’t come back on

Staceyhuff
New Poster

Xfinity pods went offline and won’t come back on

I have tried to troubleshoot all 6 pods several times. I have unplugged and rebooted my router and unplugged all pods, waited and slowly replugged all pods back in about an hour ago and none of my 6 pods will still not connect.  I am at my wits end! All 6 are still showing offline. How do I get them to reconnect? Do I have to disconnect/remove each pod from my system, then add each one back on as if they are brand new pods, to get them to reconnect to WiFi? I'm afraid that will cause more problems, but any guidance and help is greatly appreciated!

eahyndman3
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity pods went offline and won’t come back on

Same issue.  Started 2/4

staralnews
New Poster

Same problem. All 3 of mine went offline today and won't reconnect. I've gone so far as to remove them from my account to try and add them again, but it's like they won't find the gateway. Just keeps blinking white slowly. Prior to this they worked pretty flawlessly for a couple years now. It's like they did a firmware update that messed it up.

cjxzsc
New Poster

Same issue here. All 2nd Gen pads are down.  Try many ways to get them up but none of them worked. Chated with Xfinity agents online a few hours ago. It said that there is head up side issue (don't understand what it exactly meant!), and it will be back soon. But nothing happened so far!

Fis1962
New Poster

Same here. Woke up this am with this issue. Did all troubleshooting here, then called and spent an hour on the phone with representative. In the end she said it looks like something they’re working on and to keep the pods plugged in, that they will start working again in the next few hours.
dnelson85
New Poster

Same issue. Happened to me last week also. The support chat told me that it's an issue with all xFi pods right now and they're working on it. 

eahyndman3
Regular Visitor

I would be nice for Comcast to make some sort of announcement about the techinal issues with the pods right now so we dont try reseting them up thinking it is a problem on our end.

dano111
Regular Visitor

I talked to a Rep and xfinity is having issues with pods.. mine are out too,, they are working on them.

dano111
Regular Visitor

It looks like they just rebooted my modem,, but the pods still aren't on.  I talked to an agent and he gave me a $5 credit on my bill.... He said they should came back on their own and the backend team is working to get them back on line again.

breity
Frequent Visitor

Mine are out too. Looks like a system-wide problem that was caused by an update. I can't work on my desktop that's connected to a pod via ethernet. Incredibly frustrating that Comcast is providing very little info, gave no warning or indication of a problem.
DavidTheo
New Poster

Was your issue resolved? I’m having the same problem.
DavidTheo
New Poster

same problem here 😞
DavidTheo
New Poster

Was this resolved? Same issue here.
DavidTheo
New Poster

Was your issue resolved? Im running into the same
DavidTheo
New Poster

Im having the same issue and told the tech support guy the same thing. Ugh!
DavidTheo
New Poster

Was your issue resolved? Same issue here?
dano111
Regular Visitor

No, at this time mine are still out.. I think they might have been out this morning. I was having a hard time connecting to Wifi on my phone.

piettej
New Poster

All 6 of my pods have been down since before sunup this morning. Only help I get from calling Xfinity is to reset the modem, which I did before 7 AM after unplugging all the pods. Called later today, they wanted me to reboot a pod and hold my phone close to it - then the call dropped and the agent did not call back. All pods still offline. Did a speed test, got 0.0 MB... 

Peter72
New Poster

I called Xfinity around 8am and they were aware of the problem. The technician said that they are working on the problem and I would get a text message when it's fixed. That was 10 hours ago! Still waiting.
Fis1962
New Poster

Still down here.
Littlelisa32
New Poster

I've rebooted my modem twice and moved the pods to different outlets and even attempted to rename them.  This is a joke that we have to find out that this is an update issue.  Why can't Comcast send out a mass email, they seem to know everyones email address.

Mitel
New Poster

The three pods I have in my home have been down since 6:00 a.m. Central Time. I too called Comcast, but that turned out to be futile. I am even having problems with the Xfinity app on my iPad. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it multiple times. Eventually, I got the app to work, and I removed the three pods through the app, unplugged them, and attempted to set them up all over again. That did not work because I could not get the app to even recognize the "first" pod. Eventually I had to work, so I left the pods unplugged. From reading the posts, the problem appears to be widespread, but Comcast has not made any kind of annoucement corroborating that the problem is indeed widespread.

Cschinkel
New Poster

All 6 of my pods are offline as well. I tried everything - rebooted router, removed the pods, tried to reactivate them and they still won’t come back on-line. Not happy considering I spent a lot of money to buy 6. Seems like a lot of people having the same issue. Why isn’t Xfinity resolving?
Newtdog110
New Poster

Mine are still out also. I removed and they won’t re-add. So frustrating.
dsdivt
New Poster

Same thing-started 2-3 on all 3 pods.  Was on with Xfinity tech support for 30+ minutes on 2-4.  At the end they said there was an "outage" issue causing this, and to wait.  I have waited, and waited...

Nov1
Regular Visitor

Same Issue. Started yesterday 2/4/21.
Nov1
Regular Visitor

My pods just went back up. Yeah!!
Fis1962
New Poster

My pods are back up now as well. Hoping they stay that way.
gerald4506
Contributor

All 6 of my pods are down. Have been for three days

Cschinkel
New Poster

Mine were down yesterday. I chatted with support and they said known problem. They did something (wouldn’t tell me what) and all the pods went active again. But then this morning all are off-line again. Chatted with support again and they are escalating to 2nd level. I’m not a very happy customer having spent close to $200 on 6 pods only to have them as useless paperweights. If Comcast doesn’t have a solution, they need to offer a replacement at $0.