Community Forum

Xfinity internet and voice, without using the voice part, using a non-voice modem?

garya505
Contributor

Xfinity internet and voice, without using the voice part, using a non-voice modem?

I currently have PERF PLUS UNLTD VOICE 75Mbps internet & voice. I'd like to upgrade to 300 or

600 (or maybe 1G), but I don't need or want Xfinity TV.  I'd also like to port my landline off to another carrier and NOT use the Xfinity voice part of my service.

Xfinity doesn't offer any internet-only service here, so I have a couple of questions.

1. If I have internet and voice (75,300, or 600) would Xfinity care if I port the phone number

off to another carrier?  This means that I would not be using the voice part of the service. 

2. If they allow you to port your number out, will they allow a non-voice modem on the this service? As you know, the choice of voice modems is more limited than modems without voice.

Thanks for your expert answers! 

garya505
Contributor

Intermittent daily short disconnects, with T3 and T4 errors in modem event log.

I am having daily intermittent disconnects. This started on about May 7. It usually happens during the afternoon hours. The disconnects usually last only a few seconds or a few minutes.

Today (May 11) it started about 3:30 PM. I have had several disconnects since then (it's 7:45pm now). I had a Xfinity support chat yesterday and they reset something in their equipment but it didn't help.

I see a lot of error messages in the modem event log like this I have marked out my CM-MAC address wih xxx for security reasons:

Mon May 11 18:37:20 2020 Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=xxx;CMTS-MAC=00:42:5a:1c:f9:5d;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Mon May 11 18:25:34 2020 Critical (3) Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=xxx;CMTS-MAC=00:42:5a:1c:f9:5d;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;