Community Forum

Xfi gateway requirement?

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfi gateway requirement?

I don't mind paying for the unlimited data and rental fee of $14 a month. I would like to use my own modem and router as I have lots of trouble with the Xfi gateway. Do I have to use Comcast equipment to keep my unlimited?

If I do can I just set the gateway to bridge mode and use my own router?
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfi gateway requirement?

@Max35 wrote:
I don't mind paying for the unlimited data and rental fee of $14 a month. I would like to use my own modem and router as I have lots of trouble with the Xfi gateway. Do I have to use Comcast equipment to keep my unlimited?

If I do can I just set the gateway to bridge mode and use my own router?

Does this help?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/devices/#auth

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

The only thing that doesn't tell me is if I can stay on my plan with one of those modems.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@Max35 wrote:
The only thing that doesn't tell me is if I can stay on my plan with one of those modems.

It shouldn't matter; I've changed Xfinity Gateways with no changes to my Plan.  I am paying a monthly fee for my Gateway separate from my Plan fee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I was just at the Xfinity store yesterday and was told there was no way around it. What I am going to try next is set the gateway into bridge mode and use my own router.