Community Forum

XBOX ONE ACCESS

Highlighted
New Poster

XBOX ONE ACCESS

My son has figured out how to change the mac address on his xbox one to connect to internet after his bed time. I have the timer set to a specific hour to block access to xbox but he keeps changing his mac address how can i block this besides unplugging the router?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: XBOX ONE ACCESS

@w5rsc wrote:

My son has figured out how to change the mac address on his xbox one to connect to internet after his bed time. I have the timer set to a specific hour to block access to xbox but he keeps changing his mac address how can i block this besides unplugging the router?

https://www.howtogeek.com/313299/how-to-set-screen-time-limits-for-kids-on-an-xbox-one/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I have the same problem, my son keeps changing the mac address on his xbox. Is there anyway to counter this?
Expert

@Iv3Nas20 wrote:
I have the same problem, my son keeps changing the mac address on his xbox. Is there anyway to counter this?

I literally posted a link right above your post outlining how to do this. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!