Community Forum

Wrong Modem Model and High Corrected and Uncorrected

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Wrong Modem Model and High Corrected and Uncorrected

Every couple of days my internet speeds drop from 600+ to the single digits. I have to unplug the modem to fix it. Looking at my account, it lists a Motorola MG7700 but I actually have a Motorola MB7621. I tried doing the activation again but that did nothing. I also see a high number of correcteted and uncorrected on the modem connection page (corrected:277655 Uncorrectable:107695). The power for the channels varies from 3.1 to 3.9 dBmv and SNR ranges from 41.2 to 42.8 dB. Not sure what I should do to get it fixed.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Wrong Modem Model and High Corrected and Uncorrected

O/k what do the upstream power levels look like  ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

47.3 to 48.8 dBmV
Highlighted
Expert

The upstream is a bit on the high side but is o/k if it is not intermittently fluctuating higher out of spec. 

Is there a router / WiFi in the mix ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the MB7621 (no router in the loop) have the same problem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Same issues regardless of going though the router.   I tried going through the activation again and just get an Sorry message and told to call.