shawnhannan's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, March 17th, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

Will Comcast help analyze our data usage?

We push that 1 TB limit every month, and have gone over it twice.  I tried the "usage estimating" tool Comcast has published, and it came out around 220 GB.  I need help analyzing our usage.  Will Comcast conduct such an analysis for a few days?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

4 years ago

Official Response:

As of today, we are asking that any customer who is experiencing unusually high data usage please contact our Customer Security  Assurance Team directly. They will be able to identify any unusual discrepancies. 

• Business Hours: 6:00am - 2:00am EST, 7 days a week

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I called the number and spoke with a team member.  Unfortunately, they weren't able to help.  If we were using an Xfinity gateway router they could get onto it to see which DEVICES were using the most bandwidth, but we have our own modem and router.  Even if we had the gateway, it appears Comcast is unwilling/unable to provide the report I'm looking for.  That is, I wanted them to analyze the network traffic coming to our home to determine how much was Netflix, how much was YouTube, how much was web surfing, etc.  That sort of analysis would presumably go a long way towards understanding how it is that we're using 1 TB or more of data per month.  So we're on our own as far as figuring out how it is that we're using so much data...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here