Community Forum

WiFi network thinks it’s in another time zone

Highlighted
New Poster

WiFi network thinks it’s in another time zone

I just updated my xfinity gateway/router to the latest and greatest.  Everything works fine, EXCEPT that my WiFi network now thinks it's operating in the Eastern time zone instead of the Pacific time zone, where it actually is.  This means that any wireless device connected to the WiFi that is not using cellular service (like all the family's iPads) shows the time as being incorrect by three hours, which throws off all our calendars and appointment times.  All of our iPads are set (and have always been set) to detect the time zone automatically.  Problem is, they're detecting Eastern time.  I've tried explaining this to xfinity, but they just keep telling me the router also detects the time zone automatically and that there's no way to change it in the router configuration. They want me to "fix" the problem by setting our iPad times zones manually instead of automatically, and I want THEM to figure out why this WiFi network is "automatically" detecting a time zone 2000 miles away.  They are being singularly unhelpful.

Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this?  Is there any possibility that the router has, somewhere in the guts of the configuration, a switch to TELL it to detect the time zone automatically (like our iPads) and that this hasn't been turned on?  Anybody?