Community Forum

Why one cable line for both me and my neighbor

Highlighted
New Poster

Why one cable line for both me and my neighbor

I see one cable line going up on the outside line. There is a splitter between my neighbor (duplex) and mine but from one cable line. Does this mean we are sharing the Internet? 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Why one cable line for both me and my neighbor

No, you have one drop that independently feeds two units by a splitter(happens all the time). You have your modem and whatever your neighbor has.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

@anon-e wrote:

I see one cable line going up on the outside line. There is a splitter between my neighbor (duplex) and mine but from one cable line. Does this mean we are sharing the Internet? 

Are you having any connection issues or just curious ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

I had the same with a splitter. When I upgraded to Gigabit service mine was intermittent and wanted to take away any weak links. Found we were sharing 1 drop to the pedestal and worked with the tech to pull in 2 new lines to it. Now modem goes direct to pedestal through ground block outside.

IMG_0516.jpeg
IMG_0496.jpeg
IMG_0518.jpeg
IMG_0508.jpeg