Community Forum

Why is Comcast Internet UPLOAD speed so slow?

Highlighted
New Poster

Why is Comcast Internet UPLOAD speed so slow?

The year is almost 2021. Everyone is going online with digital devices, TV, Security Camera, video call, and remote works from home.

I ran through several issuses and slowdown for almost 3 weeks now.  I can't do any video meetings due to the SLOW UPLOAD speed 5Mbps.  The download speed is fine but the upload speed is so bad. I have to disable my security cameras whenever I have to do the remote works. THis is RIDICULOUS!!!

What is going on? Why is Comcast not increasing the upload speed espcially during CoVID-19 pandemic?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Why is Comcast Internet UPLOAD speed so slow?

It's a limitation of the current DOCSIS system. There is limited bandwidth available for upstream with most setups. It takes physical changes to Comcast's cable network and newer DOCSIS versions to allow more upstream bandwidth.

Highlighted
Expert

@Metalbass1 wrote:

The year is almost 2021. Everyone is going online with digital devices, TV, Security Camera, video call, and remote works from home.

I ran through several issuses and slowdown for almost 3 weeks now.  I can't do any video meetings due to the SLOW UPLOAD speed 5Mbps.  The download speed is fine but the upload speed is so bad. I have to disable my security cameras whenever I have to do the remote works. THis is RIDICULOUS!!!

What is going on? Why is Comcast not increasing the upload speed espcially during CoVID-19 pandemic?

What upload speed are you subscribed to ? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

My plan is 175Mbps and just found out 2 weeks ago the upload speed is 5Mbps.
Highlighted
Expert

O/k so are you getting around 5 Mbps ? If so, you are getting what you pay for. If you need more, you can get it if you upgrade to a faster speed tier. If you upgrade to the Gigabit speed tier, you can get 35-40 up / 1000 down.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!