Community Forum

Why does my neww Xfinity modem/router keeps droppping my Envy wireless printer?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Why does my neww Xfinity modem/router keeps droppping my Envy wireless printer?

Why does my neww Xfinity modem/router keeps droppping my Envy wireless printer? Printer is always going offline,.....

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Why does my neww Xfinity modem/router keeps droppping my Envy wireless printer?

@bamu wrote:

Why does my neww Xfinity modem/router keeps droppping my Envy wireless printer? Printer is always going offline,.....

What is the error message you get when it goes offline?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Why does my neww Xfinity modem/router keeps droppping my Envy wireless printer?

Not sure where I find an error message.

IMG_0758.jpeg
IMG_0759.jpeg
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Printer just says offline. And I don't see/can't find an error message on the printer..... I may just buy a Motorola and turn the Xfinity back in.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Are your wireless networks combined? If so, try splitting them

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm not real tech. I can find the info shown in the file below. Says everything is auto. Can I disable the 5?

0 modem.jpg
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

It would be better to edit your Wi-Fi networks SSID to be separate with different names. Unless you have pods, then you won’t be able to

https://www.xfinity.com/tips/change-wifi-name-password

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I found the way to give different names to the 2.4 and 5 networks so will try that. I know for a fact that my wireless printer will not work with 5!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

After I set up the 2 separate networks, I restarted the desktop and the printer. Still no luck. I then did a modem restart, and now it seems to be working. I hope it lasts!