Community Forum

Why do my video and audio freeze often during zoom calls?

Highlighted
New Poster

Why do my video and audio freeze often during zoom calls?

In plain language, can anytell tell me why my video and audio freeze often during zoom calls? I contacted xfinity and they rebooted my modem, but that didn't help. This problem started before this pandemic exploded the internet, but Is it a bandwidth issue? Is there anything I can to to stabilize my connection?

Thanks, 

Wayne

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Why do my video and audio freeze often during zoom calls?

I'm having the same problem. I replaced my router, modem and wireless card. Same issues. Comcast has told me numerous times that there is no issue on their side. What gives?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am wondering if you got any answers?  I have been experiencing loss of sound and frozen video on Zoom, Google Hangouts, Webex, etc.  If I join audio via the phone instead of the computer the issues do not occur.  This happens on many devices with multiple plaforms.  I do believe it is a Comcast issues.  Others I know do not have this issues.  

Highlighted
New Poster

I think you are right.  We have been using Zoom for 3 years now and did not have issues with frozen audio or video.  We recently switched to Comcast and started having the problem.  The freezing lasts for 3 seconds.  Ethernet connection does not resolve this issue either.  I hope Comcast speaks up to our posts here.