Community Forum

Which Coax cable when switching from AT&T UVerse?

Highlighted
New Poster

Which Coax cable when switching from AT&T UVerse?

I have an active UVerse account and am trying to set up my Xfinity gateway/router using the self-install kit before cancelling AT&T.  I had Comcast in this house many years ago.  I was told that a technician has done the required work on the line outside.  The orange cable  that I thought I needed to use is not a standard cable coax, the pin is far too wide.  Do I just need an adapter?  I don't think I can use the black cables which appear to be for the UVerse hookup.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/jGAzQeP 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Which Coax cable when switching from AT&T UVerse?

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it needs to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim, you could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to it here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Remove the barrel connector, then hook up your splitter. That little silver piece is to keep noise from back feeding out to the plant, it’s not a connector at all

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

@VLA2 

See that you have a link in your first post now. You didn't give any notice of editing here...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

It never occurred to me that it was removable.  Thank you!