Community Forum

What is guaranteed speed of UP to 1 Gbps ?

Highlighted
New Poster

What is guaranteed speed of UP to 1 Gbps ?

If Comcast uses the terms up to 1 Gbps - what is the actual guaranteed speed of the Up to 1 Gbps?

Business Class Comcast Representative tells me that 1 Gbps is guaranteed, but Residential Comcast is not guaranteed to deliver 1 Gbps...so what is the speed I can count on from Comcast for Residential?

I had 1 Gbps speeds when I started with Comcast...

Thanks,

Wesley

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: What is guaranteed speed of UP to 1 Gbps ?

In a perfect world it would be about 940ish but in reality it’s still up to a gig, no one will ever tell you right on what it will always be

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I meant more of is 600 Mbps really accepted by Comcast Residential...because that is what I got as an answer from the technician as to why I wasn't getting closer to 800-900 Mbps. Then got charged $70 for the tech coming out & coming to explain that's 600 Mbps is Up To 1 Gbps...

-Wesley

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Are you in bridge mode?

Highlighted
New Poster

I have tried it in both modes with no major change in speed - but I have had to use bridge mode to allow port forwarding - the online port forwarding for XFi doesn't seem to work...espically when going from Comcast to Comcast address as reverse DNS lookup inside Comcast's network does not appear to exist.