Community Forum

What does it take to get faster upload speeds?

Highlighted
New Poster

What does it take to get faster upload speeds?

5 Mpbs upload is annoyingly slow and downright unacceptable in 2020 when having to WFH from further notice. When will Comcast offer faster upload speeds on residential plans?

200 Mbps download is enough and I shouldn't have to pay for high-end residential or business service just to have enough bandwidth for 2 people to videoconference with.

For reference, I'm able to do 31.8 Mbps up on T-Mobile.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: What does it take to get faster upload speeds?

What do you consider an "acceptable" upload speed and a "high end" residential or business plan?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: What does it take to get faster upload speeds?

@zmb94 wrote:

For reference, I'm able to do 31.8 Mbps up on T-Mobile.

FWIW, the current upstream / return path bandwidth spectrum allocation on DOCSIS is physically limited. It's the nature of the beast. This is why there isn't as much flexibility with offering faster upload speeds compared to the download. Apples and oranges can't be compared.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!