Community Forum

WebEx won't work with Comcast

Highlighted
New Poster

WebEx won't work with Comcast

I use WebEx at work. I could use it at home until a month ago. After talking to WebEx and my work IT's department, it looks like the problem is somehow comcast at my home. I tried logging into WebEx at home with a personal hotspot, and it worked. I used wifi at a friend's house (who uses Comcast) and it worked. I've tried logging in at home using wifi but also directly connected, and neither works. I get messages like "We hit a glitch connecting to the Webex server. Please try again later" and "This site can't be reached. Please check the proxy and firewall." I don't have firewall active, and IT looked at proxies on my laptop.  So what's going on at my home with Comcast? 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: WebEx won't work with Comcast

Try disabling the Xfi Advanced Security feature as a work-around for now and see. It's buggy ! And there is currently no way for an end-user to be able to whitelist anything;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: WebEx won't work with Comcast

I just disabled advanced security settings, but I'm still getting the same messages. I was so hopeful this would work. Any other suggestions?