Community Forum

We continue to have the internet drop the signal on both the iPhone's and iPad's.

Highlighted
New Poster

We continue to have the internet drop the signal on both the iPhone's and iPad's.

This happens on the floor below the modem/router. At first I purchsed the 3 xFi pods and put one next to where we use the Apple products. Didn't help. Then I traded out my current moden/router with the newest one (xFi white). Still didn't work. What is happening and how can I solve this?

Mark Will 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: We continue to have the internet drop the signal on both the iPhone's and iPad's.

Did you try using the 2.4 gig band as it goes thru walls better, just a thought

Highlighted
Expert

Re: We continue to have the internet drop the signal on both the iPhone's and iPad's.

@jlavaseur wrote:

Did you try using the 2.4 gig band as it goes thru walls better, just a thought

When one is using pods, the bands are / must be combined. They can not be separated or the pods will not function at all.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I did not get an answer to my question as to how to combine both the 2.5 and 5.0 signals

Highlighted
Expert

They are combined by default unless and until you specifically manually separate them.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!