Community Forum

Video conferencing

Highlighted
New Poster

Video conferencing

Working remotely, like many of those lucky enough to still have a job during this covid-19 nightmare. I have to conduct multi-party video conferences (Skype). However, after about 5-10 minutes of video conferencing, I lose internet for a couple minutes & thus drop out of the meeting. I then have to disconnect & reconnect to my home network, rejoin the meeting. I do not otherwise have internet issues, just during video conferencing.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Video conferencing

@FlaBob wrote:
Working remotely, like many of those lucky enough to still have a job during this covid-19 nightmare. I have to conduct multi-party video conferences (Skype). However, after about 5-10 minutes of video conferencing, I lose internet for a couple minutes & thus drop out of the meeting. I then have to disconnect & reconnect to my home network, rejoin the meeting. I do not otherwise have internet issues, just during video conferencing.

What speeds do you have on your plan?  Check out https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1417/how-much-bandwidth-does-skype-need

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Expert

@FlaBob wrote:

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Having the same issues. No one seems to have an answer to this persistent issue yet. Anyone?