Community Forum

Using a NetGear CM500 Modem, No Internet Connection.

Highlighted
New Poster

Using a NetGear CM500 Modem, No Internet Connection.

What's up guys.   I ordered service from Xfinity on the 22nd of October. Received the self install kit a couple weeks ago, all it was was just a simple coaxial cable. I went and bought a decently reviewed NetGear CM500 Modem from Target. 

Came home, set up everything. Activated it, all suppose to be breeze. However, I don't have a signal on my end. No download, upload, or internet lights blinking. The "outsourced techs" I chatted with, or talked to all told me the same thing, that I have to pay $70 to get a technician out there to install a new cable outlet or whatever was needed.  I keep telling them to waive the fee becuase I feel it's not on me, it should be on Xfinity. When I signed up it said internet was available at my address. I'm so tired of being bounced back and forth. 

Can I have a stateside Technician or someone reply to me with some options? 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Using a NetGear CM500 Modem, No Internet Connection.

Are the US, the DS, and the Online indicator lights on the modem lit steadily ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Using a NetGear CM500 Modem, No Internet Connection.

Adding to EG How do you know that you have a live cable signal? Have you tried other cable outlets in your house? The modem isn’t plug and play, what have you done on your end that a technician doesn’t have to come out? There’s a difference between internet available at your address and a live line physically being already there ready to go

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!