Community Forum

Upgraded to Gb internet. Says Order in progress when I check ON it. still at 250 speed. Help friends

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Upgraded to Gb internet. Says Order in progress when I check ON it. still at 250 speed. Help friends

I've reset it multiple times manually and using the online system. It says it detects a problem with my service. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Upgraded to Gb internet. Says Order in progress when I check ON it. still at 250 speed. Help fri

Did you upgrade both your service tier and your equipment? You didn't specify.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Upgraded to Gb internet. Says Order in progress when I check ON it. still at 250 speed. Help fri

I did not upgrade equipment. still using Asus CM-32. only getting about 550mb/s second now

Highlighted
Expert

Well that’s why. The CM32 isn’t rated for Comcast Gigabit as you need a DOCSIS 3.1 modem for that.

See https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com for a list of compatible modems.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!