sandrav2020's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, April 5th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

Upgrade Issues xFI (X B6 ) not working with old ARRIS TM604G

I just upgraded to the Xfi gateway (X B6) and seeing fast speeds. Internet and TV working fine but phones aren't working. at first had busy signal now nothing. 

I have an Xfinity ARRIS TM604G emta that is old and is downstairs and used as a connection point into the house. Im guessing it's no longer compatible with the new Xfi - have others had this issue and what do i need to do to resolve this? Update the old Arris to? We can't have anyone come service in person so need to trouble shoot this on my own. 

thanks for any help you can provide! 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Plug a phone into the XB6 and see if your dial tone is coming out of there instead.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks so much for this! I just tried that -- and good news, one of my lines now works - only if pulled directly in -- but the other one when i plug into line 2 doesn't (BTW, i have CAT5 running through the house and never had issues before upgrading) UGH! 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Unless you’re paying for 2 numbers, you’ll only have one dial tone. If you have dial tone at the XB6 and not the modem it’s supposed to be, call in and explain and they’ll re- activate it properly
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here