Community Forum

Unauthorized devices connecting to gateways

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unauthorized devices connecting to gateways

Unauthorized devices are connecting to gateway.  Changed password and devices that are not mine are still connecting.  I have paused the devices.  There are about 8 of them.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Unauthorized devices connecting to gateways

Their Advanced Security feature has recently been pushed to their gateway devices via a firmware update whether you want it or not, hence the hypochondriac notices. It's buggy.

We've seen many many posts about this here lately ! The work-around is to disable the Advanced Security and not use it for now, it's buggy.;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, but those devices stay connected on the gateway.    It reflects they are connected,, not just trying to connect

Highlighted
Expert

They are likely to be false passive notices. Did your try disabling the advanced security feature ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes I have disable the Advaced security.    I will see if that helps.   Why would the usage reflect high on the False passive ?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

EG, is it possible that there’s signal interference from the MoCA? I’m having a similar issue except my devices are showing on a neighbor’s gateway.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have called and Comcast is sending new router. As the devices are still appearing even after resetting.   

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The new router modem fixed issue.